1. 的确如此。It sure is。
= Sure。
A: This city is really comfortable to live in。
在这个城市生活很舒适。
B: It sure is。
的确如此。
2. 我也这样认为。I think so. = I believe so。
= I suppose so。
A: The girl is quite cute。
这个女孩很可爱。
B: I think so。
我也这样认为。
★ suppose [sE5pEuz] v. 认为 , 猜想
3. 我同意。I agree。
○ I agree with you. 我同意你。 ○ I am for it. 我赞同你。
A: We should go now. The time is too limited。
我们得走了。时间太紧了 。
B: I agree. 我同意。
4. 我非常同意。I couldn’t agree more。
A: We need more practice。
我们需要更多的实践。
B: I couldn’t agree more。
我非常同意。
5. 在这一点上我同意你的看法。I agree with you on this point。
= I’m with you there。
● agree with sb。“同意某人的观点、看法”
6. 我当然同意这个观点。I certainly agree on this opinion. A: The film is moving。
电影很感人。
B: I certainly agree on this opinion。
我当然同意这个观点。
7. 我完全同意。I agree totally. ○ I’m all for it. 我十分赞同。
8. 那正是我想说的。That’s just what I was going to say. ○ That’s exactly what I had in mind。
这正是我所想的。
9. 我觉得那样很好。That’s fine with me. ○ Sounds like a good idea. 听起来不错。
A: How about going to the cinema?
去看电影怎么样?
B: That’s fine with me。
我觉得那样很好。
10. 没错儿。I guess you’re right。
A: I think she’s a nice woman。
我认为她人很好。
B: I guess you’re right. 没错儿。
11. 那正是我的想法。That’s exactly my own idea. = I’m of exactly the same idea。
12. 很好!Great!
A: How about this suggestion?
这个建议怎么样?
B: Great! 很好!
13. 好主意!What a good idea! ○ That’s a wonderful idea! 这个主意好极了!
14. 我认为这是正确的。I suppose that’s true。
A: Don’t you think husbands should obey their wives?
你不认为丈夫应该听从妻子的吗?
B: I suppose that’s true, or there won’t be peace at home。
我认为这是正确的,不然家里难有安宁。
★ obey [E5bei] v. 服从,顺从
15. 的确是这样。Exactly. A: A nice weather! 天气不错! B: Exactly. 的确是这样。
■ 肯定对方说的话时使用。
16. 我觉得这行得通。I think it will work。
○ I think it’s all right. 我觉得这样可以。 05
17. 我觉得她的决定是对的。It’s my feeling that she’s made the right decision。
A: What do you think of Jane’s choice?
你觉得简的选择怎么样?
B: It’s my feeling that she’s made the right decision。
我觉得她的决定是对的。
18. 那就行了。That’s fair。
A: How about my doing the dishes next time?
下次我洗碗怎么样?
B: That’s fair. 那就行了。
19. 我无任何异议。I can’t object to it。
= I don’t have any objection to it. ○ No problem here. 这儿没问题。 ● object to“反对”
★ objection [Eb5ekFEn] n. 反对,异议
20. 我与你想法一样。I really feel for you. ○ I see what you mean. 我了解你的意思。
21. 别犯傻了!Don’t be so silly!
A: Let’s skip tomorrow’s classes and go shopping, OK?
咱们明天不去上课,去逛街怎么样?
B: Don’t be so silly! Mr. Brown will be mad about us。
别犯傻了!布朗先生会气疯的。
22. 你在开玩笑吧?Are you kidding?
○ You must be joking. 你在开玩笑吧。 ○ You can’t be serious. 你不是认真的吧。
■ 表示质疑,不相信对方的话。
23. 那是不可能的。That’s out of the question。
= That’s quite impossible。
A: Can you lend me some money?
能借我点儿钱吗?
B: That’s out of the question. 那是不可能的。 ● out of the question“不可能”
24. 我绝对不赞同你的观点。I can’t agree with you at all. ○ I disagree completely. 我完全不同意。
★ completely [kEm5pli:tli] ad. 完全地
25. 我可不这样认为。I wouldn’t say that。
A: They’ re very good friends, aren’t they?
他们是好朋友,不是吗?
B: I wouldn’t say that. They seem to be on good terms but actually they always
speak ill of each other。
我可不这样认为。他们看起来好像关系不错,但是背后经常互相说坏话。 ● on good terms“关系好,和睦”
● speak ill of“说坏话”
26. 你错了。You’ve got that wrong. ○ You’ve got it all wrong. 你全搞错了。
27. 我不能赞成。I’m afraid I can’t give my approval。
○ I’m afraid I have different opinions。
我想我有不同的意见。
★ approval [E5pru:vEl] n. 赞成,承认
28. 我不能同意。I can’t agree. A: I think we should go at once。
我觉得我们应该马上就走。 B: I can’t agree. 我不能同意。
29. 抱歉,我不赞同。Sorry, but I can’t go along with you. ○ I wish I could agree with you。
Section
我真希望我能赞成你的看法。
● go along with“赞成,同意”
30. 我和你们的想法不一样。I don’t see eye to eye with you。
A: We’re satisfied with our design。
我们对我们的设计很满意。
B: I don’t see eye to eye with you。
我和你们的想法不一样。
31. 我无法相信。I can’t buy that。
= I can’t believe that。
○ That doesn’t make sense. 那不合乎道理。
■ 外国人用“buy”来表示“买账,领情,相信”等意思。
32. 那行不通。It won’t work。
A: It’s a good idea. 这真是个好主意。 B: I think it won’t work. 我觉得那行不通。
33. 我不想反对你的观点。I hate to disagree with you. A: I think grammar is very important for students. 我认为语法对学生非常重要。 B: I hate to disagree with you, but I still think listening and speaking are most useful. 我不想反对你的观点,可是我还是认为听说技巧对学生是最有用的。
■ 这里用“hate”有遗憾的意思,但是遗憾归遗憾,意见不统一就是不统一。
34. 算了吧。Let’s not。
A: Let’s go shopping. 我们去逛街吧。 B: Let’s not. 算了吧。
35. 我反对这个决定。I really disapprove of this decision。
= I’m against this decision。
★ disapprove [7isE5pru:v] v. 不赞成
36. 馊主意。Bad idea。
A: I decide to quit school and find a job. 我决定辍学找工作。 B: Bad idea. 馊主意。
37. 我想你大错特错了。I think you’re absolutely wrong。
A: David works very hard. 大卫工作非常努力。
B: I think you’re absolutely wrong. 我想你大错特错了。
38. 不是那样的。Not really。
A: You must be tired. 你一定很累了。 B: Not really. 不是那样的。
39. 我想你是疯了。I think you’re crazy. = I think you’re out of mind。
40. 你的话毫无道理。You don’t have a leg to stand on。
= You haven’t got a leg to stand on。
■ not have a leg to stand on表示“论据不充分,站不住脚,无立足点”。