西方的感恩节,是中国人熟知的外国节日之一。通过电影、电视等媒体,我们对这个节日越来越熟知,有的人还会对如何度过这个节日感兴趣。下面是小编带来的关于感恩节的英语对话,欢迎阅读!
关于感恩节的英语对话篇一
Thanksgiving Day
Jerry:Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Lucy:Do you have any plans?
Jerry:Not really, all my friends are going home. It’s like Chinese Spring Festival. What are you going to do?
Lucy:If you’re interested, you can come with me and my friends to Ada’s parents’place. Ada’s whole family will be there。
Jerry:That’s very kind. Thanks. I’d love to come。
Lucy:That’s wonderful. I’m glad you’re coming. We get to see how other families spend their Thanksgiving。
Jerry:Could you tell me something about it?
Lucy:It’s usually a big family get-together. We always have lots of delicious food, like turkey and stuffing, but sometimes we have ham instead. We have yams, corn, carrots and fruit pies or pumpkin pies。
Jerry:That sounds like a big feast, like what we have at Spring Festival. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it。
Lucy:Me too. I can’t wait to see everyone. It should be lots of fun。
关于感恩节的英语对话篇二
Lily: Hi, Ann, what’s your plan for this weekend?
嗨,安,你这个周末的计划是什么?
Ann: Don’t you know that this weekend is the Thanksgiving Day?
你不知道这个周末是感恩节吗?
Lily: Oh! I really didn’t know. It might be because I am a Chinese. What are you going to do?
哦。我真的不知道呢。可能是因为我是中国人吧。那你打算做什么?
Ann: We foreign teachers would have a party.
我们这些外教们会有一个派对。
Lily: Does your boyfriend go to the party with you?
你男朋友也去吗?
Ann: No, he said he was British.
不,他说他是个英国人。
Lily: Why?
为什么?
Ann: It’s because Thanksgiving Day is America and Canada’s festival, not British’s.
因为感恩节是美国和加拿大的节日,不是英国的。
关于感恩节的英语对话篇三
ASo what are you doing for Thanksgiving?
你们感恩节都做些什么?
BNot much really. It's more of an American tradition, so back home we don't really celebrate it. In fact, I am not even sure of what exactly is being celebrated!
没有很多的事,这个是美国的传统,回到家我们并不过这个节。我甚至不确定究竟要庆祝哪些东西。
AWell you know, it's a time to get together with all your family and be thankful for everything!
嗯,你知道的,这是一个大家聚到一起的时候,对很多事进行感恩。
BYeah but, how did this holiday come to be?
是的,但是,这个节日是什么样子的呢?
AWell, the first settlers of Massachusetts arrived there because of religious persecution from England and King James. Once in the New World, they befriended an native named Squanto, who taught them how to harvest food from the area such as corn.
嗯,第一个移民到马萨诸塞赛州的人是为了躲避英格兰的宗教和詹姆斯国王的迫害。一旦到达新大陆,他们和当地的斯匡托成为朋友,斯匡托教会了他们如何种植当地的食物,比如玉米。
BAnd then what did happen?
然后怎样呢?
AWell, they had enough havests for the next winter and celebration。They decided to have a big feast for the natives, giving thanks the land, and everyone for the foods, healthy and new lives.
嗯,他们有足够的收成来过第二年冬天和开个庆祝会。他们决定为当地人举办一个盛大的节日,来感谢土地,带给大家食物,健康和新的生活。
BInteresting! I am amazed how big and delicious thanksgiving dinners are!
很有趣!我很好奇盛大有美味的感恩节晚餐会是什么样的。
ACome to my house for Thanksgiving! We are having turkey, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes with gravy, and lots of stuffing!
来我家过感恩节吧!晚餐有火鸡,南瓜派,捣碎的土豆和面粉,还有各种馅。
BCount me in!
算上我吧!