优美英文短句 优美英文句子

I miss you so much already and I haven't even left yet!

尽管还不曾离开,我已对你朝思暮想!

I'll think of you every step of the way.

我会想你,在漫漫长路的每一步。

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you.

无论你身在何处,无论你为何忙碌,我都会在此守候。

One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life.That word is love。

有一个词可以让我们摆脱生活中所有的负担和痛苦,那就是"爱情"。

Every day without you is like a book without pages.

没有你的日子就像一本没有书页的书。

Love is hard to get into, but harder to get out of.

爱很难投入,但一旦投入,便更难走出。

Love is a light that never dims.

爱是一盏永不昏暗的明灯。

May your love soar on the wings of a dove in flight.

愿你的爱乘着飞翔的白鸽,展翅高飞。

She who has never loved, has never lived.

人活着总要爱一回。

Life is the flower for which love is the honey.

生命如花,爱情是蜜。

No words are necessary between two loving hearts.

两颗相爱的心之间不需要言语.

Precious things are very few in this world. That is the reason there is just one you. 。

在这世上珍贵的东西总是罕有,所以这世上只有一个你。

You make my heart smile.

我的心因你而笑。

The road to a lover's house is never long.

通往爱人家里的路总不会漫长。

Why do the good girls, always want the bad boys?

为何好小姑娘总欢坏男孩?

Being with you is like walking on a very clear morning.

和你在一起就像在一个清爽的早晨漫步。

It is never too late to fall in love.

爱永远不会嫌晚。

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.

假如每次想起你我都会得到一朵鲜花,那么我将永远在花丛中徜徉。

To the world you may be just one person. To the person you may be the world.

对于世界,你可能只是一个人,但对于某个人,你却是整个世界。

Where there is love, there are always wishes.

哪里有爱,哪里就有希望

Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.

爱是永恒的,外表可能改变,但本质永远不变。

Love is not a matter of counting the days. It's making the days count.

爱情不是数着日子过去,它让每个日子都变得有意义.

With the wonder of your love, the sun above always shines.

拥有你美丽的爱情,太阳就永远明媚。

Love is a fabric that nature wove and fantasy embroidered.

爱情是一方织巾,用自然编织,用幻想点缀

First love is unforgettable all one's life.

初恋是永生难忘的。

In the very smallest cot there is room enough for a loving pair.

哪怕是最小的茅舍,对一对恋人来说都有足够的空间。

But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, all losses are restored, and sorrows end.

只要我一想起你,亲爱的人,所有的失落和遗憾烟消云散。

Love without end hath no end.

情绵绵,爱无边。

Love's tongue is in the eyes.

爱情的话语全在双眼之中。

There is no hiding from lover's eyes.

什么也瞒不过恋人的眼睛。

The only present love demands is love.

爱所祈求的唯一礼物就是爱。

The heart that once truly loves never forgets.

真挚恋爱过的心永不忘却。

Love warms more than a thousand fires.

爱情的炽热胜过千万团的火。

Your smiling at me is my daily dose of magic.

你嫣然的微笑是我每日享受到的魅力。

Your kiss still burns on my lips, everyday of mine is so beautiful.

你的吻还在我的唇上发烫,从此我的日子变得如此美丽。

Love understands love; it needs no talk.

相爱的心息息相通,无需用言语倾诉。

Love me little and love me long.

不求情意绵绵,但求天长地久。

When the words "I love you" were said by you for the first time, my world blossoms.

第一次听到你对我说"我爱你",我的世界一瞬间鲜花绽开。

Tell me you are mine. I'll be yours through all the years, till the end of time.

请告诉我你是我的。岁岁年年,我都属于你,永远永远。

Love is a fire which burns unseen.

爱情是无形燃烧的火焰。

I feel happy at times we have had angry words but these have been kissed away.

我们生气争执时,爱的双唇把它们吻得无影无踪,我的心也顿觉甜蜜。

You cannot appreciate happiness unless you have known sadness too.

不知道什么是忧伤,就不会真正感激幸福。

First impression of you is most lasting.

对你最初的印象,久久难以忘怀。

有些英文,不要不懂装懂

原来yellow book不是“黄书”啊,呵呵,有些英文,不要不懂装懂,望文生义。



sporting house 妓院(不是“体育室”)

dead president 美钞(上印有总统头像)(并非“死了的总统”)

lover 情人(不是“爱人”)

busboy 餐馆勤杂工(不是“公汽售票员”)

busybody 爱管闲事的人(不是“大忙人”)

dry goods (美)纺织品;(英)谷物(不是“干货”)

heartman 换心人(不是“有心人”)

mad doctor 精神病科医生(不是“发疯的医生”)

eleventh hour 最后时刻(不是“十一点”)

blind date (由第三者安排的)男女初次会面(并非“盲目约会”或“瞎约会”)

personal remark 人身攻击(不是“个人评论”)

sweet water 淡水(不是“糖水”或“甜水”)

confidence man 骗子(不是“信得过的人”)

criminal lawyer 刑事律师(不是“犯罪的律师”)

service station 加油站(不是“服务站”)

rest room 厕所(不是“休息室”)

dressing room 化妆室(不是“试衣室”或“更衣室”)

horse sense 常识(不是“马的感觉”)

capital idea 好主意(不是“资本主义思想”)

familiar talk 庸俗的交谈(不是“熟悉的谈话”)

black tea 红茶(不是“黑茶”)

black art 妖术(不是“黑色艺术”)

black stranger 完全陌生的人(不是“陌生的黑人”)

white coal (作动力来源用的)水(不是“白煤”)

white man 忠实可靠的人(不是“皮肤白的人”)

yellow book 黄皮书(法国政府报告书,以黄纸为封)(不是“黄色书籍”)

red tape 官僚习气(不是“红色带子”)

green hand 新手(不是“绿手”)

blue stocking 女学者、女才子(不是“蓝色长统袜”)

China policy 对华政策(不是“中国政策”)

Chinese dragon 麒麟(不是“中国龙”)

American beauty 一种玫瑰,名为“美国丽人”(不是“美国美女”)

English disease 软骨病(不是“英国病”)

Indian summer 愉快宁静的晚年(不是“印度的夏日”)

Greek gift 害人的礼品(不是“希腊礼物”)

Spanish athlete 吹牛的人(不是“西班牙运动员”)

French chalk 滑石粉(不是“法国粉笔”)

pull one’s leg 开玩笑(不是“拉后腿”)

in one’s birthday suit 赤身裸体(不是“穿着生日礼服”)

eat one’s words 收回前言(不是“食言”)

an apple of love 西红柿(不是“爱情之果”)

handwriting on the wall 不祥之兆(不是“大字报”)

bring down the house 博得全场喝彩(不是“推倒房子”)

have a fit 勃然大怒(不是“试穿”)

make one’s hair stand on end 令人毛骨悚然—恐惧(不是“令人发指——气愤”)

be taken in 受骗,上当(不是“被接纳”)

think a great deal of oneself 高看或看重自己(不是“为自己想得很多”)

pull up one’s socks 鼓起勇气(不是“提上袜子”)

have the heart to do (用于否定句)忍心做……不是“有心做”或“有意做”)

What a shame! 多可惜!真遗憾!(不是“多可耻”)

You don’t say! 是吗!(不是“你别说”)

You can say that again! 说得好!(不是“你可以再说一遍”)

I haven’t slept better. 我睡得好极了。(不是“我从未睡过好觉”)

You can’t be too careful in your work. 你工作越仔细越好。(不是“你工作不能太仔细”)

It has been 4 years since I smoked. 我戒烟4年了。(不是“我抽烟4年了”)

All his friends did not turn up. 他的朋友没全到。(不是“他的朋友全没到”)

People will be long forgetting her. 人们在很长时间内会记住她的。(不是“人们会永远忘记她”)

He was only too pleased to let them go. 他很乐意让他们走。(不是“他太高兴了,不愿让他们走”)

It can’t be less interesting. 它无聊极了。(不是“它不可能没有趣”)

每天读一点英文Words to Live By 生活的忠告



I’ll give you some advice about life.

给你生活的忠告

Eat more roughage;

多吃些粗粮;

Do more than others expect you to do and do it pains;

给别人比他们期望的更多,并用心去做;

Remember what life tells you;

熟记生活告诉你的一切;

Don’t take to heart every thing you hear. Don’t spend all that you have. Don’t sleep as long as you want;

不要轻信你听到的每件事,不要花光你的所有,不要想睡多久就睡多久;

Whenever you say” I love you”, please say it honestly;

无论何时说“我爱你”,请真心实意;

Whenever you say” I’m sorry”, please look into the other person’s eyes;

无论何时说“对不起”,请看对方的眼睛;

Fall in love at first sight;

相信一见钟情;

Don’t neglect dreams;

请不要忽视梦想;

Love deeply and ardently, even if there is pain, but this is the way to make your life complete;

深情热烈地爱,也许会受伤,但这是使人生完整的唯一方法;

Find a way to settle, not to dispute;

用一种明确的方法解决争议,不要冒犯;

Never judge people by their appearance;

永远不要以貌取人;

Speak slowly, but think quickly;

慢慢地说,但要迅速地想;

When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and say, “Why do you want to know?”

当别人问你不想回答的问题时,笑着说:“你为什么想知道?”

Remember that the man who can shoulder the most risk will gain the deepest love and the supreme accomplishment;

记住:那些敢于承担最大风险的人才能得到最深的爱和最大的成就;

Call you mother on the phone. If you can’t, you may think of her in your heart;

给妈妈打电话,如果不行,至少在心里想着她;

When someone sneezes say, “God bless you”;

当别人打喷嚏时,说一声“上帝保佑”;

If you fail, don’t forget to learn your lesson;

如果你失败了,千万别忘了汲取教训;

Remember the three “ respects” .Respect yourself, respect others, stand on dignity and pay attention to your behavior;

记住三个“尊”: 尊重你自己; 尊重别人; 保持尊严, 对自己的行为负责;

Don’t let a little dispute break up a great friendship;

不要让小小的争端损毁了一场伟大的友谊;

Whenever you find your wrongdoing, be quick with reparation!

无论何时你发现自己做错了,竭尽所能去弥补;动作要快!

Whenever you make a phone call smile when you pick up the phone, because someone can feel it!

无论什么时候打电话,摘起话筒的时候请微笑,因为对方能感觉到!

Marry a person who likes talking; because when you get old, you’ll find that chatting to be a great advantage;

找一个你爱聊的人结婚;因为年纪大了后,你会发觉喜欢聊天是一个人最大的优点;

Find time for yourself.

找点时间,单独呆会儿;

Life will change what you are but not who you are;

欣然接受改变,但不要摒弃你的个人理念;

Remember that silence is golden;

记住:沉默是金;

Read more books and watch less television;

多看点书,少看点电视;

Live a noble and honest life. Reviving past times in your old age will help you to enjoy your life again;

过一种高尚而诚实的生活。当你年老时回想起过去,你就能再一次享受人生。

Trust God, but don’t forget to lock the door;

相信上帝,但是别忘了锁门;

The harmonizing atmosphere of a family is valuable;

家庭的融洽氛围是难能可贵的;

Try your best to let family harmony flow smoothly;

尽你的能力让家平顺和谐;

When you quarrel with a close friend, talk about the main dish, don’t quibble over the appetizers;

当你和你的亲近的少吵嘴时候,试着就事论事,不要扯出那些陈芝麻、烂谷子的事;

You cannot hold onto yesterday;

不要摆脱不了昨天;

Figure out the meaning of someone’s words;

多注意言下之意;

Share your knowledge to continue a timeless tradition;

和别人分享你的知识,那才是永恒之道;

Treat our earth in a friendly way,don’t fool around with mother nature;

善待我们的地球,不要愚弄自然母亲;

Do the thing you should do;

做自己该做的事;

Don’t trust a lover who kisses you without closing their eyes;

不要相信接吻时从不闭眼的伴侣;

Go to a place you’ve never been to every year.

每年至少去一个你从没去过的地方。

If you earn much money,the best way to spend it is on charitable deeds while you are alive;

如果你赚了很多钱,在活着的时候多行善事,这是你能得到的最好回报;

Remember,not all the best harvest is luck;

记住有时候,不是最好的收获也是一种好运;

Understand rules completely and change them reasonably;

深刻理解所有的规则,合理地更新他们;

Remember,the best love is to love others unconditionally rather than make demands on them;

记住,最好的爱存在于对别人的爱胜于对别人的索求这上;

Comment on the success you have attained by looking in the past at the target you wanted to achieve most;

回头看看你发誓取得的目标,然后评价你到底有多成功;

In love and cooking,you must give 100% effort……but expect little appreciation;

无论是烹饪不是爱情,都用百分之百的负责态度对待,但是不要乞求太多的回报。

一次性听懂英语影视节目的经验

先声明一下,我这里叙述是我的真实经验,总结出的理论也有我个人的偏见,无意引起过多的流派之间的争端;每一个人的学习方法更多是他个人的性格、环境和际遇造就的。

一次性地听懂英语影视节目一直是国人学英语的最大难点之一,那么如果我们每天坐在电视机前面象看母语一样看下去,到底能不能最终一次性听懂?这里跟大家分享一下我在这方面的探索和经验。

一次偶然的机会之下,我开始了每天晚上看香港的英文电视,和看中文电视一样坐在电视机前,各种各样的原版电视剧、电影、真人秀、脱口秀、舞台选秀、新闻科普、社会节目等等就一直当娱乐看下去,不用耳机,一次性听下去。开始的时候几乎什么都听不懂,速度都跟不上,也根本没想过什么时候会听懂;就这样慢慢听下去发现很多发声和音调越来越熟悉,越来越“入耳”,有的词句莫名其妙的也听懂了,后来渐渐地总结出了一些方法,思维开始超越声音融入画面,最后大部分节目都能听懂了,常用的句子心不在焉也能听懂;去外国出差酒店里的英语电影也好,去电影院看大片也好,绝大多数都能轻松欣赏,当然总有个别字不懂,但能感觉到大概的意思,对整体剧情的欣赏影响不大。

先说一下我得出的观点,再回头说我的经历是如何得出这样观点的:

一次性听懂不能认真地听声音(要泛听),思维必须超越声音融入剧情,这是一种特别的超然的状态,和脱口而出的口语有点类似;还有就是听力的瓶颈有很大一定程度是个人的口语能力和音调(intonation)。

先说一下看英语电视之前的状况,我学英语是从大量泛读原版报刊开始的,尽量不查字典以避免先入为主,从上下文磨练出来语感,这是我一贯的学习的 motto。看多了就自然语感很强,单词量也很大;在口语上我得益于高二买的扶忠汉的《双向式英语》,其它就是敢说,和什么人都能用英语聊,一般的口语也比较熟悉,所以尽管我很少练过听力,但听力还可以,无论是和外国客户交谈,还是出国旅游听力都没太大问题;但是一说到英语电影,就完全不行了,简直是灾难,完全跟不上速度。

每当我一打开香港的英文电视,琳琅满目的节目令我充满向往,我很希望可以想听母语那样一次性地听懂;但是这个目标在当时看起来是遥不可及,不要说听,速度根本完全跟不上,哪怕是少儿节目。

直到04年的时候我头脑发热,决定去考人事部的二级口译,其实口译本身和看英语电影没什么关系(因为内容完全不同),但值得一提的是,决定参加考试的那一天,我做了一个现在看起来伟大的决定:为了表现自己的决心和培养气氛,在自己的房间里买一个小电视机,从此只看香港的英文电视,就算是当背景音乐也好,有事没事就开着,让英语充满了我的房间。

之后的两年我都把英语电视当成娱乐和背景音乐,想看就看,不想看就不看,想看字幕也看,偶尔练练听力,完全没有压力和目标;时间长了很多音越来越熟悉(即使不懂意思也觉得很熟悉),慢慢地听懂了个别字句,而且更加有意思的是:这些听懂的字句中,多数是心不在焉(不刻意)下听懂的;我认真去听的反而贡献不大,这引起了我的深思;是不是我的听力模式有问题?为什么我认真听的时候完全跟不上速度,心不在焉的时候反而会听懂几句?这个现象不断出现,贯穿了这个看电视的过程,后来启发了我“英语电影要潜意思去听”。

到考完口译之后(这时候除了简单的疯狂主妇之外其它的绝大部分节目尚不能看懂),我开始正式向英语电视发起进攻,力求不看字幕地听懂(破釜沉舟),从此展开了一段曲折而妙趣横生的道路,不想长篇大论地阐述,这里归纳成几个关键事件:

1)精练音调 Friends不战而胜

刚开始“破釜沉舟”的时候,大脑听的很累很惨烈,每次都是高速运转,听懂的部分听的很辛苦,听不懂的部分完全抓不住,而且越想听懂越听不懂,疲惫不堪。后来有一个事件令我改变了对“听电视”的看法。

听得英语电视多了,我一直很想尝试一下象他们说的那么快(但又很清晰),于是花了三个月时间练习快速发音(整体音调,不是个别发音),对着录音笔一遍遍地朗读,然后播出来看效果,再按照自己的“音感”修正(我不喜欢模仿任何人的口音,全凭自己的感觉),力图说的又溜又快又清晰。一次次的录音、修改,为了琢磨一个小音常常要重录好多次。这三个月内我的嘴经常都是麻的。

真正练下去就发现想说的快且溜,就必须掌握很多含糊音的技巧,不能每一个音都字正腔圆,这样反而重点不突出;很多不重要的小词应该是弱发音,不用完整地发出来。其实真正要达到英美人说的如此之快是非常难的,但这个体会的过程是很重要的。

三个月之后的有一晚我刚朗读完,这是英语电视上正在放《24小时》,突然间发现声音自动进入我脑海中,我完全不用主动去听就懂了。后来上了电脑,找到硬盘里放着以前的Friends一听,发现也是一样,每一句话都很清晰,自动入耳即懂,一点也不觉得速度快。这是我第一次体会到轻松地听懂(不感觉到大脑累)美剧。当然这两个剧比较简单,70%的电视剧都比这两部要难的多,但是给我的一个启示:

把基本的发音和音调搞清楚,象24小时、Friends这样简单(以短句为主,情节简单)的剧自然就能懂,根本不需要辩音。

后来有一次我去电影院看《国家宝藏2》,听的每一句话我心里暗暗跟读一次,就自然懂了,完全不需要辩音,除了个别几个单词不懂,这个剧我能听懂98%以上,而且全都能复述出来,其实大部分都是常用口语。

2)从被动听到主动听 超越声音融入画面

听懂Friends之后我进入了一个很长困惑期, 一方面简单的节目轻易能听懂;另一方面难的剧如prison break,Ugly betty,Las Vegas还是困难重重,尤其是Las Vegas这么听也跟不上速度,一季过了又一季,还是听不懂,无计可施;后来我做了一个大胆的尝试,不认真听了,重点分析图像,观察主角的动作、表情和故事发展,预测会说什么(用英语想)。这样一来竟然能听懂大概了,虽然很多音漏了,但故事发展至少能跟上了。

从前看英语影视节目,思维都是跟在声音屁股后面走,对画面缺少分析,穷与招架。而主动去分析剧情,就也是一种交互,而且有了参与感,结果牺牲了部分细节,但保证了整体剧情和娱乐性。

其实按照打乒乓球的原理,接球的时候我们并不是眼紧盯着球的线路,这样多半会来不及反应,而应该是看着对手的动作方位预测球的来路,对球的线路大概看一下就可以了。听英语就如同接球,应该重点放在剧情和画面,对声音泛听才是能欣赏全剧的正确办法。

对声音泛听,开始的时候确实会漏掉很多细节,这是必要的牺牲;等到英语思维提升了,口语提升了,细节的部分就慢慢浮出水面。

3)提升英语思维 用口语发展潜意识

欲速则不达,既然我的口语没达到那个水平,就自然听不懂比较难的剧,所以我不会强求听懂多少,关键是在过程中提升自己的英语思维。一方面不断地把听到的一些英语表示法应用到自己的口语当中。另一方面加强对画面的融入,把自己想象进画面,就在主角的身边向他说话,对他提醒,反驳,甚至谴责,关键是能把自己融入进剧情。有时候也可以跟读。

其实听多了很多常用的口头禅会不直觉地说出来,而且自然模仿了音和调,自己会说了当然心不在焉也能听懂。到常用的词句掌握越来越多的时候,很多都可以潜意思的听懂,思维也越来越有时间去关注比较难的词,进入一个良性循环。水平也自然慢慢提升了。

后来出国出差的时候,酒店的电视几个台的英语电影多数对话我都能心不在焉地听懂;前一段时间去电影院看《水啸雾都》,基本上是和看母语的状态是一样,大脑很悠闲,竟然有不想去看字幕的感觉。当然有个别字听不懂,但能感觉到大概的意思,对整体剧情的欣赏影响不大。

当然我现在还是有很多听不懂的地方,这个是不可避免的;我曾经问过在外国生活多年的华人,他们一样不能完全听懂。关键是能要听懂常见的主流剧比如: Prison break,Ugly betty,Hero,Desperate housewife,Sex and city等等,另外其实电影整体比电视要简单,熟悉了电视节目,很多电影其实并不难。

如果给我说看电视的几个关键, 有:

1. 动嘴,一定要动嘴,无论是模仿跟读,还是对着录音机朗读,要把整体音调搞准;

2. 要用,把学到的常见词句不断应用到自己的口语之中;

3. 要主动听,不能全神贯注只听声音,要关注图像,用英语思维来分析剧情;

4. 整体的泛听,淡化个别单词的概念, 只有这样才能抓住整体和克服口音;

5. 要会放弃,太难的地方以后再说。

英语电影其实不是听出来的,是眼看、口说和耳听的综合作用,其中特别是口说非常重要,在这个看电视过程中我经常做的是大量朗读和录音,我的录音笔里面记录了我的几年来朗读音频,不断进步摸索,力求音调接近地道,从不间断。

还有三个我个人认为也比较重要的原则:

一次性听下去,和看母语电视一样,因为这就是英语环境,环境是不能变的,你去了美国就是这样的环境。个别词句可以pardon,不可能人家从头到尾给你repeat一次。所谓环境造人,关键要把自己放到那个环境中去;要适应这个环境,不是要环境适应你。

娱乐为主,开心至上,允许自己听不懂,允许自己走神或放弃,能听懂多少就多少,欲速则不达,一个良好的心态是非常重要的;急躁,总是一上来就把每一个音都听懂结果就是:越是想听懂越听不懂。

英语是一个整体的音流,不要总是把整体的音流分割开来一个音来听,要体会其节奏、转折、音律、味道,要建立正确的音感。有了正确的音感才能建立对声音的直觉反应和感觉,还有能改善自己的发音。

[英文美文24篇] All That Is Beautiful――Poems and Passages of Life

闭上眼睛,细数你生命中最美丽的瞬间……

在寒冷的日子里接到远方朋友暖暖的问候;

读到一篇优美的诗歌,馨香绕怀久久不忘;

看到白浪银沙和地平线,第一次来到海边;

小雨点与莫扎特的音符一起跳跃在深院中;

走在街上,偶然的一景触动了深藏的希望;

还有,流星雨划过天际的弧线;

还有,夜场电影唤醒的灵感;

……

这是你的人生,它和四季一样有扬有落,然而当中的美从不逊色。

翻开这本书,它也成为了你的一个瞬间;

第一篇  A Grain of Sand

William Blake/威廉.布莱克

To see a world in a grain of sand,

从一粒沙子看到一个世界,

And a heaven in a wild fllower,

从一朵野花看到一个天堂,

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,

把握在你手心里的就是无限,

And eternity in an hour.

永恒也就消融于一个时辰。

第二篇    Love Your Life  热爱生活

Henry David Thoreau/享利.大卫.梭罗

However mean your life is,meet it and live it ;do not shun it and call it hard names.It is not so bad as you are.It looks poorest when you are richest.The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.Love your life,poor as it is.You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,glorious hourss,even in a poor-house.The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode;the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts,as in a palace.The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.May be they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.Most think that they are above being supported by the town;but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means.which should be more disreputable.Cultivate poverty like a garden herb,like sage.Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends,Turn the old,return to them.Things do not change;we change.Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

不论你的生活如何卑贱,你要面对它生活,不要躲避它,更别用恶言咒骂它。它不像你那样坏。你最富有的时候,倒是看似最穷。爱找缺点的人就是到天堂里也能找到缺点。你要爱你的生活,尽管它贫穷。甚至在一个济贫院里,你也还有愉快、高兴、光荣的时候。夕阳反射在济贫院的窗上,像身在富户人家窗上一样光亮;在那门前,积雪同在早春融化。我只看到,一个从容的人,在哪里也像在皇宫中一样,生活得心满意足而富有愉快的思想。城镇中的穷人,我看,倒往往是过着最独立不羁的生活。也许因为他们很伟大,所以受之无愧。大多数人以为他们是超然的,不靠城镇来支援他们;可是事实上他们是往往利用了不正当的手段来对付生活,他们是毫不超脱的,毋宁是不体面的。视贫穷如园中之花而像圣人一样耕植它吧!不要找新的花样,无论是新的朋友或新的衣服,来麻烦你自己。找旧的,回到那里去。万物不变,是我们在变。你的衣服可以卖掉,但要保留你的思想。

第三篇   These Things Shall Never Die 这些美好不会消逝

Charles Dickens/查尔斯.狄更斯

The pure.the bright,the beautiful,

一切纯洁的,辉煌的,美丽的,

That stirred our hearts in youth,

强烈地震撼着我们年轻的心灵的,

The impulses to wordless prayer,

推动着我们做无言的祷告的,

The dreams of love and truth;

让我们梦想着爱与真理的;

The longing after something's lost,

在失去后为之感到珍惜的,

The spirit's yearning cry,

使灵魂深切地呼喊着的,

The striving after better hopes-

为了更美好的梦想而奋斗着的-

These things can never die.

这些美好不会消逝。

The timid hand stretched forth to aid

羞怯地伸出援助的手,

A brother in his need,

在你的弟兄需要的时候,

A kindly word in grief's dark hour

伤恸、困难的时候,一句亲切的话

That proves a friend indeed ;

就足以证明朋友的真心;

The plea for mercy softly breathed,

轻声地乞求怜悯,

When justice threatens nigh,

在审判临近的时候,

The sorrow of a contrite heart-

懊悔的心有一种伤感--

These things shall never die.

这些美好不会消逝。

Let nothing pass for every hand

在人间传递温情

Must find some work to do ;

尽你所能地去做;

Lose not a chance to waken love-

别错失去了唤醒爱的良机-----

Be firm,and just ,and true;

人要坚定,正直,忠诚;

So shall a light that cannot fade

因此上方照耀着你的那道光芒

Beam on thee from on high.

就不会消失。

And angel voices say to thee---

你将听到天使的声音在说-----

These things shall never die.

这些美好不会消逝。

第四篇  Think it over……好  好想想……

Today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of

view;

今天我们拥有了更高层的楼宇以及更宽阔的公路,但是我们的性情却更为急躁,眼光也更加狭隘;

We spend more,but enjoy less;

我们消耗的更多,享受到的却更少;

We have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;

我们的住房更大了,但我们的家庭却更小了;

We have more compromises,but less time;

我们妥协更多,时间更少;

We have more knowledge,but less judgment;

我们拥有了更多的知识,可判断力却更差了;

We have more medicines,but less health;

我们有了更多的药品,但健康状况却更不如意;

We have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values;

我们拥有的财富倍增,但其价值却减少了;

We talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much;

我们说的多了,爱的却少了,我们的仇恨也更多了;

We reached the Moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our

neighbors;

我们可以往返月球,但却难以迈出一步去亲近我们的左邻右舍;

We have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space;

我们可以征服外太空,却征服不了我们的内心;

We have highter income,but less morals;

我们的收入增加了,但我们的道德却少了;

These are times with more liberty,but less joy;

我们的时代更加自由了,但我们拥有的快乐时光却越来越少;

We have much more food,but less nutrition;

我们有了更多的食物,但所能得到的营养却越来越少了;

These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase;

现在每个家庭都可以有双份收入,但离婚的现象越来越多了;

These are times of finer houses,but more broken homes;

现在的住房越来越精致,但我们也有了更多破碎的家庭;

That's why I propose,that as of today;

这就是我为什么要说,让我们从今天开始;

You do not keep anything for a special occasion.because every day that you live is a SPECIAL CCASION.

不要将你的东西为了某一个特别的时刻而预留着,因为你生活的每一天都是那么特别;

Search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;

寻找更我的知识,多读一些书,坐在你家的前廊里,以赞美的眼光去享受眼前的风景,不要带上任何功利的想法;

Spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love;

花多点时间和朋友与家人在一起,吃你爱吃的食物,去你想去的地方;

Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival;

生活是一串串的快乐时光;我们不仅仅是为了生存而生存;

Use your crystal goblets.Do not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.

举起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝啬洒上你最好的香水,你想用的时候就享用吧!

Remove from your vocabulary phrases like"one of these days"or "someday";

从你的词汇库中移去所谓的“有那么一天”或者“某一天”;

Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!

曾打算“有那么一天”去写的信,就在今天吧!

Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them;

告诉家人和朋友,我们是多么地爱他们;

Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;

不要延迟任何可以给你的生活带来欢笑与快乐的事情;

Every day,every hour,and every minute is special;

每一天、每一小时、每一分钟都是那么特别;

And you don't know if it will be your last.

你无从知道这是否最后刻。

第五篇The life I desired 我所追求的生活

威廉.萨姆塞特.毛姆/William Somerset Maugham

That must be the story of innumerable couples,and the pattern of lifeof life it offers has a homely grace.It reminds you of a placid rivulet,meandering smoohtly through green pastures and shaded by pleasant trees,till at last it falls into the vasty sea;but the sea is so calm,so silent,so infifferent,that you are troubled suddently by a vague uneasiness.Perhaps it is only by a kink in my nature,strong in me even in those days,that i felt in such an existence,the share of the great majority,something amiss.I recognized its social value.I saw its ordered happiness,but a fever in my blood asked for a wilder course.There seemed to me something alarming in such easy delights.In my heart was desire to live more dangerously.I was not unprepared for jagged rocks and treacherous,shoals it I could only have change-change and the exicitement of unforeseen.

这一定是世间无数对夫妻的生活写照,这种生活模式给人一种天伦之美。它使人想起一条平静的溪流,蜿

蜒畅游过绿茵的草场,浓荫遮蔽,最后注入烟波浩渺的汪洋大海;但是大海太过平静,太过沉默,太过不

动声色,你会突然感到莫名的不安。也许这只是我自己的一种怪诞想法,在那样的时代,这想法对我影响

很深:我觉得这像大多数人一样的生活,似乎欠缺了一点儿什么。我承认这种生活有社会价值,我也看到

了它那井然有序的幸福,但我血液里的冲动却渴望一种更桀骜不驯的旅程.这样的安逸中好像有一种叫我

惊惧不安的东西.我的心渴望一种更加惊险的生活。只要生活中还能有变迁―――以及不可知的刺激,我

愿意踏上怪石嶙峋的山崖,奔赴暗礁满布的海滩。

第六篇Virtue 美德

G.Herbert/赫伯特

Sweet day,so cool,so calm,so bright!

甜美的白昼,如此凉爽、安宁、明媚!

The bridal of the earth and sky-

天地间完美的匹配-----

The dew shall weep thy fall to-night;

今宵的露珠儿将为你的消逝而落泪;

For thou must die.

因为你必须离去。

Sweet rose,whose hue angry and brave,

美丽的玫瑰,色泽红润艳丽,

Bids the rash gazer wipe his eye,

令匆匆而过的人拭目而视,

Thy root is ever in its grave,

你的根永远扎在坟墓里,

And thou must die.

而你必须消逝。

Sweet spring,full of sweet days and roses,

美妙的春天,充满了美好的日子和芳香的玫瑰,

A box where sweets compacted lie,

如一支芬芳满溢的盒子,

My music shows ye have your closes,

我的音乐表明你们也有终止,

And all must die,

万物都得消逝。

Only a sweet and virtuous soul,

唯有美好而正直的心灵,

Like season'd timber,never gives;

犹如干燥备用的木料,永不走样;

But though the whole world turn to coal,

纵然整个世界变为灰烬,

Then chiefly lives.

它依然流光溢彩。

第七篇The country Maid and Her Milk Can 村姑和牛奶罐

A country maid was walking along with a can of milk upon her head,when she fell into the following train of reflections."The money for which I shall sell this milk will enable me to increase my stock of eggs to three hundred,These eggs,allowing for what may prove addle,and what may be destroyed by vermin,will produce at least two hundred and fifty chickens.The chickens will be fit to carry to market just at the time when poultry is always dear;so that by the new year I cannot fail of having money enough to purchase a new gown.Green-let me consider-yes,green becomes my complexion best .and green it shall be, In this dress I will go to the fair,where all young fellows will strive to have me for a parter;but no-I shall refuse every one of them,and with a disdainful toss turn from them."

Transported with this idea,she could not forbear acting with her head the thought that passed in her mind,when down came the can of milk!And all her imaginary happiness vanished in a moment.

一个村姑头上顶着一罐牛奶在路上行走。走着走着,她的脑子里浮现出一连串的幻想:“我卖了这罐牛奶后,用这笔钱买鸡蛋,这样我有的鸡蛋可以增加到300 个。用这300 个鸡蛋孵小鸡,这就算有坏的、生虫的,

至少也能孵出250 只小鸡。等小鸡长大后,正好能赶上卖个好市价;那么到了新年,我就能有钱买一件新

晚装。买一件绿色的――让我好好想想――对,绿色与我的肤色最相衬。我穿上这件衣服去赶集,所有的年

轻小伙子都会抢着邀请我做舞伴;但是不行――我要轻蔑地把头一扬,转身过去不理他们,让他们人人都

碰个钉子。

她想得得意忘形,情不自禁地把头一扬,刹那间,牛奶罐跌了下来!她幻想的一切幸福间破灭了。

第八篇The Rainy Day 雨天

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 亨利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗

The day is cold,and dark,and dreary;

天冷、阴暗、沉闷;

It rains,and the wind is never weary;

下着雨,风也刮个不停;

The vine still clings to the moldering wall,

藤还攀附着颓垣残壁,

But at every gust the dead leaves fall,

每来一阵狂风,枯叶附落纷纷,

And the day is dark and dreary.

天真是阴暗而沉闷。

My life is cold and dark and dreary;

我的生活寒冷、阴郁、沉闷;

It rains and the wind is never weary;

下着雨,风也刮个不停;

My though still cling to the moldering past,

我的思想还纠缠着消逝的往事,

But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,

大风里,我的青春希望相继熄灭,

And the days are dark and dreary.

天真是阴暗而沉闷。

Be still,sad heart!And cease repining;

安静吧,忧伤的心!别再悔恨;

Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;

乌云后面太阳依然辉煌灿烂;

Thy fate is the common fate of all,

你命运和大家的一样,

Into each life some rain must fall,

每个人一生都得逢上阴雨,

Some days must be dark and dreary.

有些日子必然阴暗而沉闷。

第九篇 Love  爱情

I love you not because of who you are,but because of who I am when I am with you.

我爱你,不是因为你是一个怎样的人,而是因为我喜欢与你在一起时的感觉。

No man or woman is worth your tears,and the one who is ,won't make you cry.

没有人值得你流泪,值得让你这么做的人不会让你哭泣。

The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.

失去某人,最糟糕的莫过于,他近在身旁,却犹如远在天边。

Never frown,even when you are sad,because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

纵然伤心,也不要悉眉不展,因为你不知是谁会爱上你的笑容。

To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某人,你是他的整个世界。

Don't waste your time on a man/woman,who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

不要为那些不愿在你身上花费时间的人而浪费你的时间。

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to,doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。

Don't try to hard,the best things come when you least expect them to.

不要着急,最好的总会在最不经意的时候出现。

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one,so that when we finally

meet the person,we will know how to be grateful.

在遇到梦中人之前,上天也许会安排我们先遇到别人;在我们终于遇见心仪的人时,便应当心存感激。

Don't cry because it is over,smile because it happened.

不要因为结束而哭泣,微笑吧,为你的曾经拥有。

Life is a pure flame,and we live by an invisible sun within us.

-------Sir Thomas Browne

“生命是束纯净的火焰,我们依靠自己内心看不见的太阳而存在。”

--------托马斯。布朗爵士

第十篇On the Feeling of Immortality in youth 有感于青春常在

William Hazlitt/威廉.赫兹里特

No young man believes he shall ever die.It was a saying of my brother's,and a fine one.

There is a feeling of Eternity in youth,which makes us amend for everything.To be young is to be as one of the Immortal Gods.One half of time indeed is flown-the other half remains in

store for us with all its countless treasures;for there is no line drawn,and we see no limit

to our hopes and wishes.We make the coming age our own-

年轻人不相信自已会死。这是我哥哥的话,可算得一句妙语。青春有一种永生之感――它能弥补一切。

人在青年时代好像一尊永生的神明。诚然,生命的一半已以消逝,但蕴藏着不尽财富的另一半还有所保留,

我们对它也抱着无穷的希望和幻想。未来的时代完全属于我们――

The vast,the unbounded prospect lies before us.

无限辽阔的远景在我们面前展现

Death.old age.are words without a meaning.that pass by us like the idea air which we regard

not.Others may have undergone,or may still be liable to them-we "bear a charmed life",which

laughs to scorn all such sickly fancies.As in setting out on delightful journey,we strain our eager gaze forward-

死亡,老年,不过是空话,毫无意义;我们听了,只耳边风,全不放在心上。这些事,别人也许经历过, 或者可能要承受,但是我们自己,“在灵符护佑下度日”,对于诸如此类脆弱的念头,统统付之轻蔑的一笑。像是刚刚走上愉快的旅程,极目远眺――

Bidding the lovely scenes at distance hail!

向远方的美景欢呼!

-and see no end to the landscape,new objects presenting themselves as we advance;so,in the

commencement of life,we set no bounds to our inclinations.nor to the unrestricted opportunities of grastifying them.we have as yet found no obstacle,no disposition to flag;and it seems that we can go on so forever.We look round in a new world,full of life,and motion,and ceaseless progress;and feel in ourselves all the vigour and spirit to keep pace with it,and do not foresee from any present symptoms how we shall be left behind in the natural course of things,decline into old age,and drop into the grave.It is the simplicity,and as it were abstractedness of our feelings in youth,that(so to speak)identifies us with nature ,and(our experience being slight and our passions strong)deludes us into a belief of being immortal like it.Our short-lives connexion with existence we fondly flatter ourselves,is an indissoluble and lasting union-a honeymoon that knows neither coldness,jar,nor separation.As infants smile and sleep,we are rocked in the cradle of our wayward fancies,and lulled into security by the roar of the universe around us0we quaff the cup of life with eager haste without draining it,instead of which it only overflows the

more-objects press around us,filling the mind with their magnitude and with the strong of desires that wait upon them,so that we have no room for the thoughts of death.

此时,但觉好风光应接不暇,而且,前程更有美不胜收的新鲜景致。在这生活的开端,我们听任自己的志趣驰骋,放手给它们一切满足的机会。到此为止,我们还没有碰上过什么障碍,也没有感觉到什么疲惫, 因此觉得还可以一直这样向前走去,直到永远。我们看到四周一派新天地――生机盎然,变动不居,日新月异;我们觉得自己活力充盈,精神饱满,可与宇宙并驾齐驱。而且,眼前也无任何迹象可以证明,在大自然的发展过程中,我们自己也会落伍,衰老,进入坟墓。由于年轻人天真单纯,可以说是茫然无知,因而将自己跟大自然划上等号;并且,由于经验少而感情盛,误以为自己也能和大自然一样永世长存。我们一厢情愿,痴心妄想,竟把自己在世上的暂时栖身,当作千古不变、万事长存的结合,好像没有冷淡、争

执、离别的密月。像婴儿带着微笑入睡,我们躺在用自己编织成的摇篮里,让大千世界的万籁之声催哄我们安然入梦;我们急切切,兴冲冲地畅饮生命之杯,怎么也不会饮干,反而好像永远是满满欲溢;森罗万象纷至沓来,各种欲望随之而生,使我们腾不出工夫想死亡。

第十一篇A Forever Friend 永远的朋友

"A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out."

"别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。”

Sometimes in life,

有时候在生活中,

You find a special friend;

你会找到一个特别的朋友;

Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.

他只是你生活中的一部分内容,却能改变你整个的生活。

Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop;

他会把你逗得开怀大笑;

Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.

他会让你相信人间有真情。

Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it.

他会让你确信,真的有一扇不加锁的门,在等待着你去开启。

This is Forever Friendship.

这就是永远的友谊。

when you're down,

当你失意,

and the world seems dark and empty,

当世界变得黯淡与空虚,

Your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark and empty world

suddenly seem bright and full.

你真正的朋友会让你振作起来,原本黯淡、空虚的世界顿时变得明亮和充实。

Your forever friend gets you through the hard times,the sad times,and the confused times.

你真正的朋友会与你一同度过困难、伤心和烦恼的时刻。

If you turn and walk away,

你转身走开时,

Your forever friend follows,

真正的朋友会紧紧相随,

If you lose you way,

你迷失方向时,

Your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.

真正的朋友会引导你,鼓励你。

Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay.

真正的朋友会握着你的手,告诉你一切都会好起来的。

And if you find such a friend,

如果你找到了这样的朋友,

You feel happy and complete,

你会快乐,觉得人生完整,

Because you need not worry,

因为你无需再忧虑。

Your have a forever friend for life,

你拥有了一个真正的朋友,

And forever has no end.

永永远远,永无止境。

第十二篇:The Cobbler and the banker 皮匠和银行家

La Fontaine/拉.封丹

A cobbler passed his time in singing from morning till night;it was wonderful to see,wonderful to hear him;he was more contented in shoes,than was any of the seven sages.His neighbor,on the contrary,who was rolling in wealth,sung but little and slept less.He was a banker;when by chance he fell into a doze at day-break,the cobbler awoke him with his song.The banker complained sadly that Providence had not made sleep a saleable commodity,like edibles or drinkables.Having at length sent for the songster,he said to him,"How much a year do you earn,Master Gregory?"

"How much a year,sir?"said the merry cobbler laughing,"I have reckon in that way,living as I do from one day to another;somehow I manage to reach the end of the year;each day brings its meal."

"Well then!How much a day do you earn,my friend?"

"Sometimes more,sometimes less;but the worst of it is,-and,without that our earnings would be very tolerable,-a number of days occur in the year on which we are forbidden to work;and the curate,moreover,is constantly adding some new saint to the list."

The banker,laughing at his simplicity,said,"In the future I shall place you above want.Take this hundred crowns,preserve them carefully,and make use of them in time of need."

The cobbler fancied he beheld all the wealth which the earth had produced in the past century for the use of mankind.Returning home,he buried his money and his happiness at the same time,No more singin;he lost his voice,the moment he acquired that which is the source of so much grief.Sleep quitted his dwelling;and cares,suspicions,and false alarms took its place,All day,his eye wandered in the direction of his treasure;and at night,if some stray cat made a noise,the cat was robbing him.At length the poor man ran to the house of his rich neighbor;"Give my back."

said he,"sleep and my voice,and take your hundred crowns."

一个皮匠从早到晚在唱歌中度过。无论见到他本人或听见他的歌声都使人觉得很愉快。他对于制鞋工作比

当上了希腊七对还要满足。与此相反,他的邻居是个银行家,拥有万贯家财,却很少唱歌,晚上也睡得不好。他偶尔在黎明时分迷迷糊糊刚入睡,皮匠的歌声便于工作把他吵醒了。银行家郁郁寡欢地抱怨上帝没有睡眠也制成一种像食品或饮料那样可以买卖的商品。

后来,银行家就叫人把这位歌手请来,问道:“格列戈里师傅,你一年赚多少钱?”

“先生,你问我一年赚多少钱吗?”快乐的皮匠笑道:“我从来不算这笔帐,我是一天一天地过日子,总而言之坚持到年底,每天挣足三餐。”

“啊,朋友,那么你一天赚多少钱呢?”

“有时多一点,有时少一点;不过最糟糕的是一年中总有些日子不准我们做买卖,牧师又常常在圣徒名单上添新名字,否则我们的收入也还算不错的。”

银行家被皮匠的直率逗笑了,他说:“我要你从今以后不愁没钱用。这一百枚钱你拿去,小心放好,需要时拿来用吧。”

皮匠觉自己好像看到了过去几百年来大地为人类所需而制造出来的全部财富。他回到家中,埋藏好硬币,

同时也埋葬了他的快乐。他不再唱歌了;从他得到这种痛苦的根源那一刻起,他的嗓子就哑了。睡眠与他分手;取而代之的却是担心、怀疑、虚惊。白天,他的目光尽朝埋藏硬币的方向望;夜间,如果有只迷途的猫弄出一点声响,他就以为是有人来抢他的钱。最后,这个可怜的皮匠跑到他那富有的邻居家里说:“把你的一百枚钱拿回去,还我的睡眠和歌声来。”

第十三篇A Greek to Remember 一位值得纪念的希腊人

Diogenes was a famous Greek philosopher of the fourth century B.C.,who established the

philosophy of cynicism.He often walked about in the daytime holding a lighted lantern,peering

around as if he were looking for something.When auestioned about his odd behavior,he would

reply,"I am searching for an honest man."

Diogenes held that the good man was self-sufficient and did not require material comforts or

wealth.He believed that wealth and possessions constrained humanity's natural state of freedom.In

keeping with his philosophy,he was perefectly satisfied with making his home in a large tub

discarded from the temple of Cybele,the goddess of nature.

This earthen tub,called a pithos,and formerly been used for holding wine or oil for the

sacrifices at the temple.

One day,Alexander the Great ,conqueror of half the civilized world,saw Diogenes sitting in

thistub in the sunshine .So the king,surrounded by his countries,approached Diogenes and said,"I

am Alexander the Great."The philosopher replied rather contemptuously,"I am Diogenes,the

Cynic."Alexander then asked him if he could help him in any way."

Yes,"shot back Diogenes,"don't stand between me and the sun."A surprised Alexander then

replied quickly,"If I were not Alexander,I would be Diogenes."

提奥奇尼斯是公元前四世纪一位著名的希腊哲学家,就是他创立了犬儒派哲学。他经常在白天点着灯笼四处

走动、张望,像是在找什么东西似的。哪人们问起他这古怪行为时,他会回答说:“我正在寻找正人君子。”

提奥奇尼斯认为好人是自给自足的,不需要物质享受和财富。他认为财富、财产束缚了人们天生的自由状

态。与他的哲学相一致,他拿一个从别人从自然之母的庙里丢弃的大坛作为自己的家,还对此万分满意。这个

陶制的大坛叫做圣坛 ,过去在庙里是用来盛装祭祀用的酒和油的。

一天,征服了半个文明世界的亚历山大大帝看见提奥奇尼斯坐在大坛里晒太阳。于是这位君主在大臣们的

簇拥下走过去,对提奥奇尼斯说:“我是亚历山大大帝。”哲学家相当傲慢地回答说:“我是提奥奇尼斯――

――犬儒学者。”然后亚历山大问他是否需要任何帮助。“ 是的”,提奥奇尼斯驳回道,“别站在我和太阳之

间。”大吃一惊的亚历大继而迅速回答道:“假如我不是亚历山大,我就会是提奥奇斯。”

第十四篇Friends 朋友

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

真正的朋友是一个可以援手帮助并感动你心扉的人。

There's always going to be people that hurt you,so what you have to do is keep on trusting and

just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

别人常常伤害你,所以你该继续付出信任,并小心挑选你下次信任的人。

Make youself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect

them to know you.

在你想了解别人也想让别人了解你之前,先完善并了解自己。

Remember:Whatever happens,happens for a reason.

要记住:任何事情的发生都有因有起。

How many people actually have 8 true friends?Hardly anyone I know.But some of us have all right

friends and good friends.

有多少人可以拥有八个真正的朋友?就我所知少之又少。但我们会有泛泛之交和好友。

第十五篇The More Loving One 让我们成为更有爱心的人

W.H.Auden/W.H.奥登

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well 仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,

That, for all they care, I can go to hell, 尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,

But on earth indifference is the least 可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧

We have to dread from man or beast. 人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。

How should we like it were stars to burn 倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,

With a passion for us we could not return? 我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?

If equal affection cannot be, 倘若无法产生同样的感情,

Let the more loving one be me. 让我成为更有爱心的人。

Admirer as I think I am 尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,

Of stars that do not give a damn, 它们满不在乎,

I cannot, now I see them ,say 现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,

I missed one terribly all day. 说我成天思念一颗星星。

Were all stars to disappear or die 倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,

I should learn to look at an empty sky 我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,

And feel its total dark sublime, 同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,

Though this might take me a little time. 虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。

第十六篇If I were a Boy Again 假如我又回到了童年

Anonymous/无名氏

If I were a boy again, I would practice perseverance more often, and never give up a thing

because it was or inconvenient. If we want light, we must conquer darkness. Perseverance can

sometimes equal genius in its results. “There are only two creatures,” syas a proverb, “who

can surmount the pyramids ―the eagle and the snail.”

If I were a boy again, I would school myself into a habit of attention; I would let nothing

come between me and the subject in hand. I would remember that a good skater never tries to skate

in two directions at once.

The habit of attention becomes part of our life, if we begain early enough. I often hear grown

up people say “ I could not fix my attention on the sermon or book, although I wished to do so”

, and the reason is, the habit was not formed in youth.

If I were to live my life over again, I would pay more attention to the cultivation of the

memory. I would strengthen that faculty by every possible means, and on every possible occasion.

It takes a little hard work at first to remember things accurately; but memory soon helps itself,

and gives very little trouble. It only needs early cultivation to become a power.

我又回到了童年,我做事要更有毅力,决不因为事情艰难或者麻烦而撒手不干,我们要光明,就得征服黑暗。

毅力在效果上有时能同天才相比。俗话说:“能登上金字塔的生物,只有两种――鹰和蜗牛。”

假如我又回到了童年,我就要养成专心致志的习惯;有事在手,就决不让任何东西让我分心。我要牢记:

优秀的滑冰手从不试图同时滑向两个不同的方向。

如果及早养成这种专心致志的习惯,它将成为我们生命的一部分。我常听成年人说:“虽然我希望能集中注意听牧师讲道或读书,但往往做不到。”而原因就是年轻时没有养成这种习惯。

假如我现在能重新猹始我的生命,我就要更注意记忆力的培养。我要采取一切可能的办法,并且在一切可能的场合,增强记忆力。要正确无误地记住一些东西,在开始阶段的确要作出一番小小的努力;但要不了多久,记忆力本身就会起作用,使记忆成为轻而易举的事,只需及早培养,记忆自会成为一种才能。

If I were a boy again, I would cultivate courage. “Nothing is so mild and gentle as courage,

nothing so

cruel and pitiless as cowardice,” syas a wise author.

We too often borrow trouble, and anticipate that may never appear.” The fear of ill exceeds the

ill we

fear.” Dangers will arise in any career, but presence of mind will often conquer the worst of

them. Be

prepared for any fate, and there is no harm to be freared.

If I were a boy again, I would look on the cheerful side. Life is very much like a mirror: if you

smile

upon it, I smiles back upon you; but if you frown and look doubtful on it, you will get a similar

look in

return.

Inner sunshine warms not only the heart of the owner, but of all that come in contact with it. “

who

shuts love out ,in turn shall be shut out from love.”

importance of learning very early in life to gain that point where a young boy can stand erect,

and decline

If I were a boy again, I would school myself to say no more often. I might write pages on the

doing an unworthy act because it is unworthy.

If I were a boy again, I would demand of myself more courtesy towards my companions and friends,

and indeed towards strangers as well. The smallest courtesies along the rough roads of life are

like the

little birds that sing to us all winter long, and make that season of ice and snow more

endurable.

Finally, instead of trying hard to be happy, as if that were the sole purpose of life, I would ,

if I were a

boy again, I would still try harder to make others happy.

假如我又回到了童年,我就要培养勇气。一位明智的作家曾说过:“世上没有东西比勇气更温文尔雅,也

没有东西比懦怯更残酷无情。”

常常过多地自寻烦恼,杞人忧天。“怕祸害比祸害本身更可怕。”凡事都有危险,但镇定沉着往往能克服

最严重的危险。对一切祸福做好准备,那么就没有什么灾难可以害怕的了。

假如我又回到了童年,我就要事事乐观。生活犹如一面镜子:你朝它笑,它也朝你笑;如果你双眉紧锁,

向它投以怀疑的目光,它也将还以你同样的目光。 内心的欢乐不仅温暖了欢乐者自己的心,也温暖了所有

与之接触者的心。“谁拒爱于门外,也必将被爱拒诸门外。”

假如我又回到了童年,我就要养成经常说“不”字的习惯。一个少年要能挺得起腰,拒绝做不应该做的事,

就因为这事不值得做。我可以写上好几页谈谈早年培养这一点的重要性。

假如我又回到了童年,我就要要求自己对伙伴和朋友更加礼貌,而且对陌生人也应如此。在坎坷的生活

道路上,最细小的礼貌犹如在漫长的冬天为我们歌唱的小鸟,那歌声使冰天雪地的寒冬变得较易忍受。

最后,假如我又回到了童年,我不会力图为自己谋幸福,好像这就是人生唯一的目的;与之相反,我要

更努力为他人谋幸福。

第十七篇Words To Live By 生活的忠告

Anonymous/无名氏

I’ll give you some advice about life.

给你生活的忠告

Eat more roughage;

多吃些粗粮;

Do more than others expect you to do and do it pains;

给别人比他们期望的更多,并用心去做;

Remember what life tells you;

熟记生活告诉你的一切;

Don’t take to heart every thing you hear.

Don’t spend all that you have.

Don’t sleep as long as you want;

不要轻信你听到的每件事,不要花光你的所有,不要想睡多久就睡多久;

Whenever you say” I love you”, please say it honestly;

无论何时说“我爱你”,请真心实意;

Whevever you say” I’m sorry”, please look into the other person’s eyes;

无论何时说“对不起”,请看对方的眼睛;

Fall in love at first sight;

相信一见钟情;

Don’t neglect dreams;

请不要忽视梦想;

Love deeply and ardently, even if there is pain, but this is the way to make your life complete;

深情热烈地爱,也许会受伤,但这是使人生完整的唯一方法;

Find a way to settle, not to dispute;

用一种明确的方法解决争议,不要冒犯;

Never judge people by their appearance;

永远不要以貌取人;

Speak slowly, but think quickly;

慢慢地说,但要迅速地想;

When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, simle and say, “Why do you want to

know?”

当别人问你不想回答的问题时,笑着说:“你为什么想知道?”

Remember that the man who can shoulder the most risk will gain the deepest love and the supreme

accomplishment;

记住:那些敢于承担最大风险的人才能得到最深的爱和最大的成就;

Call you mother on the phone. If you can’t, you may think of her in your heart;

给妈妈打电话,如果不行,至少在心里想着她;

When someone sneezes say, “God bless you”;

当别人打喷嚏时,说一声“上帝保佑”;

If you fail, don’t forget to learn your lesson;

如果你失败了,千万别忘了汲取教训;

Remember the three “ respects” .Respect yourself, respect others, stand on dignity and pay

attention to your behavior;

记住三个“尊”: 尊重你自己; 尊重别人; 保持尊严, 对自己的行为负责;

Don’t let a little dispute break up a great friendship;

不要让小小的争端损毁了一场伟大的友谊;

Whenever you find your wrongdoing, be quick with reparation!

无论何时你发现自己做错了,竭尽所能去弥补;动作要快!

Whenever you make a phone call smil when you pick up the phone, because someone feel it!

无论什么时候打电话,摘起话筒的时候请微笑,因为对方能感觉到!

Marry a person who likes talking; because when you get old, you’ll find that chatting to be a

great advantage;

找一个你爱聊的人结婚;因为年纪大了后,你会发觉喜欢聊天是一个人最大的优点;

Find time for yourself.

找点时间,单独呆会儿;

Life will change what you are but not who you are;

欣然接受改变,但不要摒弃你的个人理念;

Remember that silence is golden;

记住:沉默是金;

Read more books and watch less television;

多看点书,少看点电视;

Live a noble and honest life. Reviving past times in your old age will help you to enjoy your

life again;

过一种高尚而诚实的生活。当你年老时回想起过去,你就能再一次享受人生。

Trust God, but don’t forget to lock the door;

相信上帝,但是别忘了锁门;

The harmonizing atmosphere of a family is valuable;

家庭的融洽氛围是难能可贵的;

Try your best to let family harmony flow smoothly;

尽你的能力让家平顺和谐;

When you quarrel with a close friend, talk about the main dish, don’t quibble over the

appetizers;

当你和你的亲近的少吵嘴时候,试着就事论事,不要扯出那些陈芝麻、烂谷子的事;

You cannot hold onto yesterday;

不要摆脱不了昨天;

Figure out the meaning of someone’s words;

多注意言下之意;

Share your knowledge to continue a timeless tradition;

和别人分享你的知识,那才是永恒之道;

Treat our earth in a friendly way,don’t fool around with mother nature;

善待我们的地球,不要愚弄自然母亲;

Do the thing you should do;

做自己该做的事;

Don’t trust a lover who kisses you without closing their eyes;

不要相信接吻时从不闭眼的伴侣;

Go to a place you’ve never been to every year.

每年至少去一个你从没去过的地方。

If you earn much money,the best way to spend it is on charitable deeds while you are alive;

如果你赚了很多钱,在活着的时候多行善事,这是你能得到的最好回报;

Remember,not all the best harvest is luck;

记住有时候,不是最好的收获也是一种好运;

Understand rules completely and change them reasonably;

深刻理解所有的规则,合理地更新他们;

Remember,the best love is to love others unconditionally rather than make demands on them;

记住,最好的爱存在于对别人的爱胜于对别人的索求这上;

Comment on the success you have attained by looking in the past at the target you wanted to

achieve most;

回头看看你发誓取得的目标,然后评价你到底有多成功;

In love and cooking,you must give 100% effort……but expect little appreciation;

无论是烹饪不是爱情,都用百分之百的负责态度对待,但是不要乞求太多的回报。

第十八篇A psalm of life 人生礼颂

Herry Wadsworth Longfellow/享利.沃兹渥斯.朗费罗

Tell me not in mournful numbers,

请别用哀伤的诗句对我讲;

Life is but an empty dream!

人生呵,无非是虚梦一场!

For the soul is dead that slumbers

因为沉睡的灵魂如死一般,

And things are not what they seem.

事物的表里并不一样。

Life is real! Life is earnest!

人生是实在的!人生是热烈的!

And the grave is not its goal;

人生的目标决不是坟墓;

Dust thou art , to dust returnest,

你是尘土,应归于尘土。

Was not spoken of the soul.

此话指的并不是我们的精神。

Not enjoyment , and not sorrow,

我们的归宿并不是快乐,

Is our destined and our way;

也不是悲伤,

But to act,

实干

That much to-morrow.

才是我们的道路,

Find us farther than to-day.

每天不断前进,蒸蒸蒸日上。

Art is long , and time is fleeting.

光阴易逝,而艺海无涯,

And our hearts , though stout and brave.

我们的心哪――虽然勇敢坚强,

Still , like muffled drums , are beating

却像被布蒙住的铜鼓,

Funeral marches to the grave。

常把殡葬的哀乐擂响。

In the world’s broad field of battle,

在这人生的宿营地,

In the bivouac of Life,

在这辽阔的世界战场,

Be not like dumb,driven cattle!

别做无言的牲畜任人驱赶,

Be a hero in the strife!

做一名英雄汉立马横枪!

Trust no future.howe’er pleasant!

别相信未来,哪怕未来多么欢乐!

Let the dead Past bury its dead!

让死去的往昔将死亡一切埋葬!

Act,act in the living Present!

上帝在上,我们胸怀勇气,

Heart within,and God O’erhead!

行动吧―――趁现在活着的好时光!

Lives of great men all remind us

伟人的生平使我们想起,

We can make our lives sublime,

我们能使自己的一生变得高尚!

And departing,leave behind us

当我们辞别人间,

Footprints on the sands of time;

能把足迹留在时间的流沙上,

Footprints that perhaps another,

也许有个遭了船灾的苦难弟兄,

Sailing o’er life solemn main,

他曾在庄严的人生大海中飘航,

A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,

见到我们的脚印,

Seeing,shall take heart again,

又会满怀信心。

Let us,then,be up and doing,

让我们起来干吧,

With a heart for any fate;

下定决心,不管遭遇怎样;

Still achieving,still pursuing

不断胜利,不断追求,

Learn to labour and to wait.

要学会苦干和耐心等待。

第十九篇 自我意识Self-Awareness

Virginia Woolf/弗吉尼亚.吴尔夫

The man who is aware of himself is henceforth independent; and he is never bored, and life is

only too short, and he is steeped through and through with profound yet temperate happiness. He

alone lives, while other people, slaves of ceremony, let life slip past time in a kind of dream.

Once conform ,once do what other people do finer than they do it, and a lethargy steals over all the finer nerves and faculties of the soul, He becomes all outer show and inward emptiness; dull, callous, and indifferent.

凡是意识到自我的人从今往后才是独立的;他永远不知疲倦,他明白生命苦短,所以完全沉浸于深深的而又适度的幸福之中。他独立生活,而别人是繁文缛节的奴隶,在醉生梦死之中听从生命悄然流逝。一旦循规蹈矩,一旦人为亦为,呆滞就笼罩着灵魂中一切灵敏的神经和官能。灵魂变得徒有其表,其中空空;迟钝,木然、冷漠。

第二十篇 青春的飞逝The Flight of youth

Richard Henry Stoddard/理查德.亨利.斯托达德

There are gains for all our losses.

我们失去的一切都能得到补偿,

There are balms for all our pain;

我们所有的痛苦都能得到安慰;

But when youth,the dream,departs

可是梦境似的青春一旦消逝,

It takes something from our hearts,

它带走了我们心中的某种美好,

And it never comes again.

从此一去不复返。

We are stronger, and are better,

我们变得日益刚强、更臻完美,

Under manhood’s sterner reign;

在严峻的成年生活驱使下;

Still we feel that something sweet

可是依然感到甜美的情感,

Following youth, with flying feet,

已随着青春飞逝,

And will never come again.

不再返回。

Something beautiful is vanished,

美好已经消逝,

And we sigh for it in vain;

我们枉自为此叹息;

We behold it everywhere,

尽管在天地之间,

On the earth, and in the air,

我们处处能见青春的魅力,

But it never comes again!

可是它不再返回!

第二十一篇 发现Discovery

Diane Ackerman/迪安.阿克曼

The word “discovery” literally means, uncovering something that’s hidden from view. But

what really happens is a change in the viewer. The familiar offers comfort few can resist, and

fewer still want to disturb. But as relatively recent inventions such as the telescope and

microscope have taught us, the unknown has many layers. Every truth has geological strata, and

you can’t have an orthodoxy without a heresy.

The moment a newborn opens its eyes, discovery begins.

I learned this with a laugh one morning after delivering a calf. When it lifted up its fluffy head and looked at me, its eyes held the absolute bewilderment of the newly born. A moment before it had the even black nowhere of the womb, and suddenly its world was full of colour, movement and noise. I’ve never seen anything so shocked to be alive.

“发现”一词,字面上是指揭开某种视线以外的隐藏的事物。不过其实是观察者自身发生了变化。很少人能抗拒熟悉事物带来的舒适,愿意扰乱这种舒适的人更少。然而,正如望远镜、显微镜这些较为近期的发明所揭示给我们的,求知事物具有多种层次。每个事实都有地质层次,没有异端也就无所谓正统。

新生儿睁开双眼的那一刻起,发现也就开始了。

我是在一天清晨给一头小牛犊接生的时候突然意识到这一点的,不禁大笑。小牛仰起毛茸茸的脑袋看着我,目光中透出这个新生命对世界的一无所知。片刻这前,它还呆在母体里某个黑暗而平静的地方,突然,它的世界变得五光十色,变得活泼而喧闹。我从未见过任何东西在获得生命时是如些的惊异。

第二十二篇:If the world were a Village of 100 People 如果世界是个一百人的村落

David J.Smith/大卫.史密斯

Shelath Armstrory/谢拉.阿姆斯壮

To all my friends and loved ones Love from me Useful Perspective

致朋友们以及我所爱的人们 这是一份爱的礼物 也是一席金玉良言

If we could shrink the earth’s population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the

exsting human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like the following:

如果我们把全世界的人口按照现有压缩为一个100人的村子,情况就会如同以下:

There would be:

这个村子里有:

57 Asians

57 人是亚洲人

21 Europeans

21 人是欧洲人

14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south

14 人来自西半球的南、北美洲

8 Africans

8 人是非洲人

52 would be female

52 人是女性

48 would be male

48 人是男性

70 would be non-while

70 人是有色人种

30 would be white

30 人是白人

70 would be non-christian

70 人是非基督教徒

30 would be Christian

30 人是基督徒

89 would be heterosexual

89 人是异性恋者

11 would be homosexual

11 人是同性恋者

6 people would possess 59% of the entire world’s wealth and all 6 would be from the United States.

6 人拥有全世界59%的财富,而且这6 人全是美国人

80 would live in substandard housing

80 人的居住环境不达标准

70 would be unable to read

70 人是文盲

50 would suffer from malnutrition

50 人苦于营养不良

1 would be near death; 1 would be near birth

1 人濒临死亡边缘;1 人正要出生

1(yes, only 1) would have a college education

1 人(是的,只有1人)会接受大学教育

1 would own a computer

1 人拥有电脑

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance,

understanding and education becomes glaringly apparent.

透过这个压缩图来放眼我们的世界,就会明晓接纳他人、谅解以及教育是何等重要。

The following is also something to ponder……

再从以下角度来想想看……

If you woke pup this morning with more health than illness……you are more blessed than the

million who will not survive this week.

如果你早上醒来的时候健康无恙……那么,比起活不过这一周的百万人来说,你真是幸运多了。

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of

torture, or the pangs of starvation…you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

如果你未曾经历过战争的危险、入狱的孤独、严刑的苦楚、饥饿的痛苦……那么,比起世界

上5亿人来,你真是幸运多了。

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep

…you are richer than 75% of this world.

如果你冰箱里有食物,身上有衣服可穿,有屋篷遮蔽,有地方睡觉……那么,比起世界上75%的人来,你真是富足多了。

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in dish someplace…you are

among the top 8% of the world’s wealth.

如果你银行中有存款,钱包中也有钱,还能到某处消费习菜……你便跻身在世界上最富有的8%人口当中了。

If your parents are still alive and still married…you are very rare, even in the United Stated

and Canada.

如果你的父母依然健在,而且还在一起生活的话……这可是非常难得的事,即使是在美国与加拿大。

Someone once said: What goes around comes around.

有人说过:我所付出的终将会回归。

So…

所以……

Work live you don’t need the money.

去工作时,犹如你不执迷于金钱。

Love like you’ve never been hurt.

去爱他人,犹如你从未曾被伤害。

Dance like nobody’s watching.

去舞蹈吧,犹如无人在一旁观看。

Sing like nobody’s listening.

去歌唱吧,犹如无人在一边谛听。

Live like it’s Heaven on Earth.

好好地生活,犹如这里是人间乐土。

第二十三篇Three Days to See 假如拥有三天光明

Helen Keller/海伦.凯勒

All of us have read thrilling stories in which the hero had only a limited and specified time to live. Sometimes it was as long as a year; sometimes as short as twenty-four hours, but always we were interested in discovering just how the doomed man chose to spend his last days or his last hours. I speak, of course, of free men who have a choice, not condemned criminals whose sphere of activities is strictly delimited.

Such stories set up thinking, wondering what we should do under similar circumstances.

What associations should we crowd into those last hours as mortal beings? What happiness should we find in reviewing the past, what regrets?

Sometimes I have thought it would be an excellent rule to live each day as if we should die

tomorrow. Such an attitude would emphasize sharply the values of life. We should live each day

with a gentleness, a vigor, and a keenness of appreciation which are often lost when time

stretches

before us in the constant panorama of more days and months and years to come. There are those, of course, who would adopt the epicurean motto of “Eat, drink, and be merry,” most people would be chastened by the certainty of impending death.

我们都读过这样一些动人的故事,故事里主人公将不久于人世。长则一年,短则24小时。但是我们总是很想知道这个即将离开人世的人是决定怎样度过他最后的日子的。当然, 我所指的是有权作出选择的自由人,不是那些活动范围受到严格限制的死囚。这一类故事会使我们思考在类似的处境下,我们自己该做些什么?在那临终前的几个小时里我们会产生哪些联想?会有多少欣慰和遗憾呢?

有时我想,把每天都当作生命的最后一天来度过也不失为一个很好的生命法则。这种人

生态度使人非常重视人生的价值。每一天我们都应该以和善的态度、充沛的精力和热情的欣

赏来度过,而这些恰恰是在来日方长时往往被我们忽视的东西。当然,有这样一些人奉行享

乐主义的座右铭――吃喝玩乐,但是大多数人却不能摆脱死亡来临的恐惧。

Most of us take life for granted. We know that one day we must die, but usually we picture

that day as far in the future, when we are in buoyant health, death is all but unimaginable. We

seldom think of it. The days stretch out in an endless vista. So we go about our petty task,

hardly aware of our listless attitude towards life.

The same lethargy, I am , characterizes the use of our faculties and senses. Only the

deaf appreciate hearing, only the blind realize the manifold blessings that lie in sight.

Particularly does this observation apply to those who have lost sight and hearing in adult life. But those who have never suffered impairment of sight or hearing seldom make the fullest use of these blessed faculties. Their eyes and ears take in all sights and sound hazily, without concentration, and with little appreciation. It is the same old story of not being grateful for what we conscious of health until we are ill.

I have often thought it would be a blessing if each human being were stricken blind and deaf

for a few days at some time during his early adult life. Darkness would make him more

appreciative of sight; silence would teach him the joys of sound.

Now and then I have tested my seeing friends to discover what they see. Recently I was

visited by a very good friend who had just returned from a long walk in the woods, and I asked

her what she had observed. “Nothing in particular,” she replied. I might have been incredulous had I not been accustomed to such responses, for long ago I became convinced that the seeing see

little.

我们大多数人认为生命理所当然,我们明白总有一天我们会死去,但是我们常常把这一天看得非常遥远。当我们身体强壮时,死亡便成了难以相象的事情了。我们很少会考虑它,日子一天天过去,好像没有尽头。所以我们为琐事奔波,并没有意识到我们对待生活的态度是冷漠的。

我想我们在运用我们所有五官时恐怕也同样是冷漠的。只有聋子才珍惜听力,只有盲人才能认识到能见光明的幸运。对于那些成年致盲或失陪的人来说尤其如此。但是那些听力或视力从未遭受损失的人却很少充分利用这些幸运的能力,他们对所见所闻不关注、不欣赏。这与常说的不失去不懂得珍贵,不生病不知道健康可贵的道理是一样的。我常想如果每一个人在他成年的早些时候,有几天成为了聋子或瞎子也不失为一件幸事。黑暗将使他更珍惜光明;沉寂将教他知道声音的乐趣。有时我会试探我的非盲的朋友们,想知道他们看见了什么。最近我的一位非常要好的朋友来看我,她刚刚在树林里走了很长时间,我问她看见了什么。“没什么特别的,”她回答说。如不是我早已习惯了这样的回答,我也许不会轻易相信,因为很久以前我就相信了有眼人看

不见什么。

How was it possible, I asked myself, to walk for an hour through the woods and see nothing

worthy of note? I who cannot see find hundreds of things to interest me through mere touch. I

feel

the delicate symmetry of a leaf. I pass my hands lovingly about the smooth skin of a silver

birch,

or the rough shaggy bark of a pine. In spring I touch the branches of trees hopefully in search

of a

bud, the first sign of awakening Nature after her winter’s sleep I feel the delightful, velvety

texture

of a flower, and discover its remarkable convolutions; and something of the miracle of Nature is

revealed to me. Occasionally, if I am very fortunate, I place my hand gently in a small tree and

feel the happy quiver of a bird in full song. I am delighted to have cool waters of a brook rush

through my open fingers. To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome

than the most luxurious Persian rug. To me the pageant of seasons is a thrilling and unending

drama, the action of which streams through my finger tips. At times my heart cries out with

longing to see all these things. If I can get so much pleasure from mere touch, how much more

beauty must be revealed by sight. Yet, those who have eyes apparently see little. The panorama of

color and action fill the world is taken for granted. It is human, perhaps, to appreciate little

that

which we have and to long for that which we have not, but it is a great pity that in the world of

light and the gift of sight is used only as mere convenience rather that as a means of adding

fullness to life.

Oh, the things that I should see if I had the power of sight for three days!

噢,假如我拥有三天光明,我将会看见多少事物啊!

我问自己在树林中走了一小时,怎么可能什么值得注意的东西都没有看到呢?而我一个

盲人仅仅通过触摸就发现了数以百计的有趣的东西。我感到树叶的对称美,用手摸着白桦树

光滑的树皮或是松树那粗糙的厚厚的树皮。春天里我满怀着希望触摸着树枝寻找新芽,那是

大自然冬眼后醒来的第一个征象。我感到了花朵的可爱和茸茸的感觉,发现它层层叠叠地绽

开着,大自然的神奇展现在我的面前。当我把手轻轻地放在一棵小树上,如果幸运的话,偶

尔会感到歌唱的小鸟欢快的颤动。我会愉快地让清凉的溪水从手之间流过。对我来说,满地

厚厚的松针和松软的草坪比奢华的波斯地毯更惹人喜爱。对我来说四季变换的景色如同一场

动人心魄的不会完结的戏剧,剧中的人物动作从我的指尖流过。我的心不时在呐喊,带着对

光明的渴望。既然仅仅通过触摸就能使我获得如此多的喜悦,那么光明定会展示更多美好的

事物啊。可惜的是那些有眼睛的人分明看到很少,整个世界缤纷的色彩和万物的活动都被认

为是理所当然。也许不珍惜已经拥有的,想得到还没有得到的是人的特点,但是在光明的世

界里只把视觉用做一种方便的工具,而不是丰富生活的工具,这是令人多么遗憾的事情啊。

第二十四篇Genius at Work 天才在工作

Henry Ford didn’t always pay attention in school. One day ,he and a friend took a watch apart. Angry and upset, the teacher told him both to stay after school. Their punishment was to stay until they had fixed the watch. But the teacher did not know young Ford’s genius. In ten minutes, this mechanical wizard had repaired the watch and was on this way home..

Ford was always interested in how things worked. He once plugged up the spout of a teapot and

placed it on the fire. Then he waited to see what would happen. The water boiled and, of course,

turned to steam. Since the steam had no way to escape, the teapot exploded. The explosion

cracked a mirror and broke a window. The young inventor was badly scalded

Ford’s year of curiosity and tinkering paid off. He dreamed of a horseless carriage. When he

built one, the world of transportation was changed forever.

亨利.福特在学校里常常心不在焉。有一天,他和一个小朋友把一块手表拆开了。老师很生气,让他们放学后留下来,把表修好才能回家。当时这位老师并不知道小福特的天才。只用了十分钟,这位机械奇才就把手表修好,走在回家的路上了。

福特对各种东西的工作原理总是很感兴趣。曾有一次,他把茶壶嘴用东西堵住,然后把茶壶放在火炉上。他便站在一边等候着会出现什么情况。当然,水开后变成了水蒸气。因为水蒸气无处逸出,茶壶便爆炸了,因而打碎了一面镜子和一扇窗户。这个小发明家也被严重地烫伤了。

多年后,福特的好奇心和他的动手能力使他得到了回报。他曾经梦想着去制造一辆无马行进的车。他造成了一辆这样的车后,运输界发生了永久性的变化。

  

爱华网本文地址 » http://www.413yy.cn/a/25101013/160716.html

更多阅读

唯美英文句子 一句话的简单心情说说

1、You have to be empty in order to be full.清空你自己,方能再行注满。2、Pablo Neruda: Tonight I can write the saddest lines, I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.聂鲁达:今晚,我能写下最悲伤的诗行是,我爱她,有时候她

声明:《优美英文短句 优美英文句子》为网友愿为果分享!如侵犯到您的合法权益请联系我们删除