More work doesn't necessarily call for more men.
增加工作不一定要增加人员。
The letter calls for an investigation of the facts.
来信要求对这些事实进行调查。
现在进入我们今天的正课,如何活用“talk”来表达更多的意思:
首先,Talk somebody into something/doing something 劝说某人做某事
![英文表达之劝说某人做或不做某事 协助某人做某事 英文](http://img.413yy.cn/images/31101031/31083755t012a96f6e995acf51e.jpg)
She talked her husband into having a holiday in France.
她劝说丈夫去法国度假。
Can you talk your brother into our plans?
你能劝说你哥哥加入我们的计划吗?
Talk somebody out of something/doing something 劝说某人不做某事
He talked his wife out of buying a new car.
他劝说他太太不要买辆新车
My parents talked me out of marrying that man.
我父母劝说我不要嫁给那个男人。
Talk somebody over to something 说服某要同意或接受某事物。
We talked them over to our proposal.
我们说服他们接受我们的方案。
You’ll never talk me over to your way of doing things.
你永远不可能说服我接受你的做事方式。