Drop Dead Diva学英语第一季10集
-Deb: See that aspiring model there?
aspiring: 积极追求的有抱负的 model: 模特模范模型
看到那个美丽模特儿了吗
That was me - Deb - Until the day I died.
那是我 Deb 但是我车祸死了
I thought I’d go straight to heaven,
go straight to: 径直向前
原以为会直接上天堂
But there was a bit of a mix-Up
a bit of: 一点儿的 mix-Up: 混乱混战
但事情出了小差错
And I woke up in someone else's body.
wake up: 醒来
我醒来之后竟然变了个样
So now I'm Jane,
所以现在我是Jane
A super-busy lawyer with my very own assistant.
super-: 表示在…之上加之之义 super-busy: 超级忙的 assistant: 助理
一位有着专属助理的超忙律师
I got a new life, a new wardrobe,
Wardrobe:衣柜
我有了新的人生新的行头
The only people who really know what's going on with me
what's going on: 发生什么事了
唯一知道事情真相的
Are my girlfriend Stacy and my guardian angel, Fred.
guardian angel: 守护神 guardian:保护人监护人 angel: 天使
只有我的好朋友Stacy 和守护天使Fred
I used to think everything happened for a reason
used to: 过去常常
我以前总认为事出必有因
and, well, i sure hope i was right.
现在呢希望我是对的吧
-Teri: Mmm. That is a work of art.
work of art: 一件艺术品
嗯真是一件艺术品
Just know it's not gonna go to waste.
go to waste: 浪费(未被利用糟蹋)
只要不会浪费掉
-Jane: What? Hey! Hey, yourself.
嗯 嘿! 你注意点
-Teri: Judge Summers' office called.
judge: 法官
Summers的办公室打来电话过
You are being summoned to her chambers.
summon: 召唤 chamber: 室房间
召唤你去她的房间
She said you missed your last two meetings,
miss: 漏掉错过
她说你缺席了你们上两次的会面
So you better be prompt.
prompt: 迅速的
所以你最好迅速点
-Jane: What meetings?
什么会面
-Teri: No idea. I didn't schedule them.
no idea: 不知道 schedule: 安排
不知道我没有安排过
She sounded annoyed.
sound: 听起来像 annoy: 使…苦恼烦闷
她好像很烦的样子
Hmm. I love mushrooms.
mushroom: 蘑菇
我爱蘑菇
-Jane: When did she call?
她什么时候打得电话
-Teri: About 10 minutes ago.
大概10分钟前
-Jane: Why didn't you tell me 10 minutes ago?
10分钟前你为什么不告诉我
-Teri: I was waiting for you to make me lunch.
wait for: 等候等待 make lunch: 做午饭
我在等你给我做午餐呢
Thank you.
谢谢
-Jane: I think I’m in trouble. Teri said she sounded annoyed.
be in trouble: 处于困难、麻烦之中
我可能有麻烦了 Teri说听起来她好像说话很厌烦的样子
-Stacy: Oh, come on. She’s just a judge.
come on:【别这样得了吧】 judge: 法官
哦得了吧她不过是个法官而已
What can she do to you?
能把你怎么样
-Jane: She puts people in jail, Stacy.
jail: 监牢监狱 put sb in jail: 把某人送进监狱
她把人们送进监狱 Stacy
-Stacy: Then why do you keep blowing her off?
keep doing sth: 【一直做某事总是做某事】 blow off: 抱怨
那你为什么还总是要惹她生气
-Jane: I didn't know I was.
我不知道啊
If I go to jail, promise you'll bail me out.
bail: 保释汲水
如果我入狱了你要把我保释出来啊
-Stacy: Okay, but not till tomorrow. The shoot is going all night.
shoot: 拍摄
好吧不过要明天才行 今天拍摄要持续一晚上
The yohohos are kind of perfectionists.
yohohos: 片商 perfectionist: 十全十美主义者
片商要求挺完美的
Sweetie, I got to go, but drive carefully.
亲爱的我得挂了开车小心
It just got real foggy.
foggy: 有雾的
这边雾好大
-Jane: Knock, knock.
噔噔
Am I late? I’m late.
我迟到了吗我迟到了
-Jane: Am I in trouble?
be in trouble: 处于困难/麻烦中
我有麻烦了
-Madelinne: Big trouble.
大麻烦
I’ve been reading up on my Funk & Wagnalls,
read up on: 研读攻读
我一直在看芬克与瓦格纳辞典
And I’m definitely gonna kick your butt.
definitely: 肯定地 kick: 踢 butt: 屁股
而且我要给你点颜色看看
-Jane: At scrabble?
scrabble: 一种拼字游戏
玩拼字游戏的时候
-Madelinne: No, karate. Of course scrabble.
karate: 空手道
不空手道当然是拼字游戏了
Running tally you, 7,642, me, 7,512.
tally: 计分
现在的分数--你7 642 我7 512
I never should have challenged you on quetzal.
challenge on: 挑战 quetzal: 绿咬鹃
我不应该挑战让你拼"绿咬鹃"的
-Jane: Quetzal. Quetzal.
绿咬鹃 q-u-e-t-z-a-l
77 points without a double letter.
77分没有连字
It’s a South American parrot oh!
parrot: 鹦鹉
这是一种南美的鹦鹉--哦!
-Madelinne: Go ahead. Rub it in.
rub it in: 反反复复地提到别人不愉快的事情(故意)触人痛处
好啊火上浇油吧
It’ll only make my victory that much sweeter.
victory: 胜利 sweet: 甜的
这样只能让我的胜利果实更甜美
We got to hurry up. I only got 45 minutes
hurry up: 赶快
得快点了我只有45分钟
Before the parade of human misery begins again.
parade: 游行 misery: 痛苦悲苦
要赶在那堆人类悲苦的事情再次开始前
-Lily: Him.
他
We need him.
我们要他
-Kim: Okay.
好吧
Hey, do you have a minute? I have a client in my office.
client: 客户
嘿你有时间吗我办公室里有个客户
-Grayson: The one who was pointing at me?
point at: 指着
那个刚才指着我的人
-Kim: Her name is Lily,
她叫Lily
And she's actually more than a client.
actually: 实际上 more than: 仅仅
实际上她不止是个客户
She’s an, uh, acquaintance.
acquaintance: 熟人相识
她嗯还是熟人
-Grayson: An acquaintance?
熟人
-Kim: An adviser.
adviser: 顾问
顾问
-Grayson: Financial?
financial: 金融的财政的
财政顾问
-Kim: A psychic.
psychic: 灵媒
是个灵媒
-Kim: No jokes, no snide remarks. Do not roll your eyeballs.
joke: 笑话玩笑 snide: 讽刺的含沙射影的 remarks: 摘要 roll: 使…转动 eyeball: 眼球
不要开玩笑不要讽刺不要转你的眼珠
-Grayson: How about a smirk?
smirk: 假笑得意地笑
那可以得意地笑吗
-Kim: When you walked by just now,
walk by: 走过 just now: 刚才
刚才你路过的时候
She said that she got a... hit off of you.
get a hit off: 【有点投缘】
她说和你...有点投缘
-Grayson: Really?
真的
You’re the last person I thought would fall for that stuff.
last person: 最后的一个人【最不可能的人】 fall for: 信以为真(为…倾倒) stuff: 东西
我本以为你是最不可能相信这种东西的人
-Kim: Grayson, she said you're gonna win her case. Will you hope?
gonna: 美)将要(等于going to) case: 案子
Grayson 她说有你帮忙可以赢了她的案子
-Grayson: Who could say no to that?
谁能拒绝呢
-Madelinne: Schmoopy?
schmoopy: 做作的
做作
-Jane: Triple word score and a bingo write it down.
triple: 三倍的 score: 计分 bingo: 宾果游戏 write down: 写下
三倍字长的积分并获得成功--记下来
-Madelinne: I already gave you manipedi. I’m not giving you that.
manipedi: manicures and pedicures 修手脚指甲
我已经给出了修手脚指甲了不能再让步了
-Jane: It’s a word.
这只是个字
-Madelinne: Enlighten me.
enlighten: 启发
你倒说说
-Jane: Schmoopy is what my boyfriend used to call me.
used to: 过去常常
做作是我男朋友以前经常用来形容我的词
-Madelinne: What boyfriend?
什么男朋友
-Jane: Um...
嗯...
-Madelinne: yeah, that's what I thought
对我就知道--
Made-up word, made-up boyfriend.
made-up: 人工的(编制的弥补的决定了的组成的)
填字还交男朋友
-Jane: Hey, that was really mean.
mean: 低劣的卑劣的
这样说太刻薄了
-Madelinne: Oh, no, I’m not judging. I mean, look at me.
judge: 做出评价
哦不我不是在评价你我说看看我
I’m the one who just dropped 25 grand on that dating service.
drop: 掉下放下 grand: 一千美元 dating service: 便利幽会的场所
我刚把2万5花在了约会服务上
And what do I have to show for it?
我拿什么来炫耀呢 没有
-Jane: $25,000?
25 000美元
-Madelinne: You’re the one who found it for me
是你给我找的--
Not that I’m blaming you, but, you know,
blame: 责备
不是在责怪你但是嗯
For that much money, I figured they'd find me a prince,
figure: 认为 prince: 王子亲王
花那么多钱我以为他们可以给我找个王子了
Or at least a Baldwin.
at least: 至少 Baldwin: 在战场上很英勇的人
至少要像是Baldwin那样的人
-Jane: Oh, yeah, but not the younger one.
哦是啊但不是小的那个
-Madelinne: No.
对
-Jane: Well, I hope you got your money back.
我希望你拿回你的钱了
-Madelinne: I called.
我打过电话了
They said they fulfilled their end of the bargain.
fulfill: 履行遵守 bargain: 交易买卖
他们说已经履行了结束交易的承诺
-Jane: Well, that's unacceptable.
unacceptable: 不能接受的
这无法让人接受
-Madelinne: Yeah, well, I didn't want to cause a stink.
cause: 引起导致 stink: 臭味臭气
是啊我不想引来一身骚
You know, I have enough conflict in my day job.
conflict: 冲突矛盾争执 day job: 全日性工作
你知道的我的工作已经充满争执了
-Jane: Do you know what you need?
你知道你需要什么吗
-Madelinne: Mum two w's and a "q."
嗯两个w和一个q
-Jane: A good lawyer.
lawyer: 律师
一个好律师
First thing tomorrow, you're coming to my office,
first thing: 一大早
明天一早你就来我办公室
And we're getting your money back.
我们去把钱讨回来
-Madelinne: All right, fine, but I’m still challenging you on "schmoopy."
challenge: 向…挑战
好吧但我还要向你挑战拼"做作"
-Jane: Fine.
好吧
-Grayson: Why is she staring at me?
stare at: 凝视
她干嘛盯着我看
-Lily: People will tell you
大家会告诉你
The eyes are the window to the soul.
soul: 灵魂精神
眼睛是心灵的窗户
Don’t buy it.
buy it: 放弃
不要相信
-Grayson: No?
不要
-Lily: It’s the eyebrows.
eyebrow: 眉毛
应该是眉毛
Eyebrows draw attention to the eyes,
draw attention to: 促使…注意(引起对…的注意)
眉毛吸引眼睛的主意
Playing a key role in the sexual dance between love and lust.
key: 主要的关键的 play a key role in: 在某方面起关键作用 sexual: 性的 lust: 贪欲欲望色欲
在爱欲纠结的舞步里扮演了不可或缺的角色
-Kim: Lily, why don't you catch us up?
catch up: 赶上 catch sb up:【跟着某人的思路】
Lily 为什么不跟我们的思路走
-Lily: I should have seen this coming.
我应该预料到会有这一天的
The day after father died,
从父亲去世那时候起
Mercury transited into Sagittarius,
mercury: 水星 transit into: 转成 Sagittarius: 射手座人马座
水星就运转到了射手座
And that wreaks havoc on familial partnerships.
wreak havoc: (对…)造成严重破坏 familial: 家族的家庭的 partnership: 合作关系
那就对家庭关系造成了超呼想象的破坏
-Grayson: Yeah, well, we all missed that one.
miss: 漏掉错过
好吧我们都遗漏了这一点
-Lily: Mm, sarcasm
sarcasm: 挖苦讽刺
嗯挖苦--
-Lily: The last refuge of modest people
refuge: 避难所庇护所 modest: 谦虚的
当谦虚的人的灵魂被侵占的
When their soul is invaded.
invade: 侵入拥入
最后的避难所
Dostoyevsky.
杜斯妥也夫司基说的
-Kim: So, you and your sister, Tessa, inherited your father's shop.
inherit: 继承
那你和你妹妹Tessa 继承了父亲的店
-Lily: Yeah, the third eye psychic Shoppe in Santa Monica.
psychic: 灵魂的 shoppe: (古语)= shop
是啊在圣塔莫妮卡的第三只眼灵媒店
It’s been there for 60 years.
已经开了60年了
Father was an immense talent.
immense: 巨大的 talent: 天才
父亲的天赋很高
He told Elvis to enlist, Angelina to adopt.
enlist: 征募 adopt: 收养
他让Elvis去服役让Angelina收养孩子
After he passed,
pass away: 逝世去世
他过世后
We were supposed to run the shop together.
be supposed to: 应该 run: 运营
我们本来要共同经营店的
-Grayson: But that didn't work out?
work out: 解决
但是没有实现
-Lily: You ever try putting a pair of hamsters in a duffel bag?
hamster: 仓鼠 duffle bag: <美>防水的帆布袋
你有没有试过在一个旅行袋里装两只仓鼠
Like that and then three months ago,
就像是那样的--大约3个月前
She up and left.
她起身离开了
-Kim: To open a competing store across the street.
competing: 竞争的 across: 穿过横过 across the street: 在街对面
在街对面开了一家竞争的店
And she calls it “the third I”
她起名叫"第三个我"
I, as opposed to "eye."
as oppose to: 与…形成对照
我与"眼"形成对比(同音)
-Grayson: Did your father leave a will?
will: 遗嘱
你们的父亲有遗嘱吗
-Lily: Father? No. Thought he'd live forever.
live forever: 永生
父亲不还以为他不会死呢
For all of his gifts, he didn't see the big picture.
gift: 天赋 big picture: 事情的主要部分
他有那么多天赋却没看到未来
Thin eyebrows...
eyebrows: 眉毛
淡眉毛...
Unlike you.
unlike: 不像和…不同
跟你不一样
-Grayson: Which means his estate?
estate: 财产
这说明他的财产
Will pass on to both of you in equal shares.
pass on to: 传递给 both: 两者 equal shares: 相等份额
会平均分给你们两个
-Lily: She refuses to work with me.
refuse: 拒绝 work with: 和…一起工作
她拒绝与我一同工作
Tessa's sent out flyers using father's name to everyone on our mailing list
send out: 发送 flyer: 宣传单 mailing list: 邮件发送清单
Tessa已经用父亲的名义给我们邮件地址上的所有人都发宣传单
As if she was the true legacy.
as if: 好像 legacy: 祖先传下来之物
好像她才是真正的继承人
-Grayson: Are you saying your sister didn't share your...powers?
share: 共享 power: 法力
你的意思是你妹妹没有你的...法力
-Kim: They’re referred to as gifts.
be referred to: 称为被认为是
人们说这是天赋
-Lily: Gifts, powers, who gives a rat's ass?
rat's ass: 一丝一毫
天赋法力在乎个屁
We both got them up the hoo-ha.
hoo-ha: 大惊小怪
我们都毫无意外的拥有了
That’s what makes it so sad.
sad: 悲哀的 make it so sad: 【让人难过】
这才让人难过
I mean, if we were a couple of hacks,
a couple of: 几个 hack: 劈砍干咳【唬人的伎俩】
如果我们只是玩弄点小把戏
I’d turn the shop into a falafel stand and call it a day.
falafel: 沙拉三明治 stand: 楼台货摊 call it a day: 收工(休息终止)
我就会把店改成沙拉三明治的店然后收手不干本行了
-Grayson: She is confusing the marketplace.
confuse: 使混乱 marketplace: 集会场所会所
她正在误导市场
It’s a long shot. But you can win it.
a long shot: 很小机会能成功的尝试
胜算很小 但你可以赢
-Grayson: Oh, I didn't say that.
哦我可没这么说
-Lily: You don't have to.
你没必要说
-Teri: Scrabble?
scrabble: 一种拼字游戏
拼字游戏
-Jane: Oh, you pick seven tiles with different letters.
tile: 砖瓦
你找7种有不同字母的马赛克
-Teri: Yeah, I know the game.
我知道这个游戏
But why isn't it on your calendar?
calendar: 日程表日历月历
但为什么不在你的日程表上
Is it some kind of dirty scrabble?
dirty: 肮脏的【带点黄色的】
是不是带点黄色的
Like strip poker or naked twister?
strip: 脱衣 poker: 扑克 naked: 裸体的 twister: 缠绕者
就像脱衣扑克或者赤裸Twister(一种游戏)
-Jane: Who plays that, Teri?
谁玩那个啊 Teri
No, my clothes stayed on.
stay on: 留在【衣服都穿着】
没有我的衣服都穿着呢
Um, put it on my calendar
写进我日程表吧
For the third Tuesday of every month, okay?
每月第三个周二好吧
-Jane: Oh, I’m sorry. I didn't even
哦对不起我都没有--
-Lily: Jane, right?
Jane 是吧
-Jane: Yes. How did you know?
是啊你怎么知道
-Lily: Don't worry, Jane. You won't be alone for long.
for long: 长久 be alone: 孤单
别担心 Jane 你不会孤单太久了
And stay away from chili. It’s murder on the pancreas.
stay away from: 离…远点躲避 chili: 辣椒 murder: 谋杀凶杀 pancreas: 胰脏
要远离辣椒那东西是胰脏杀手
-Jane: Who was that?
她是谁
-Teri: Kim's client, a psychic
client: 客户 psychic: 灵媒
Kim的客户一个灵媒--
One rung below mimes and balloon artists.
rung :梯级 mime: 哑剧 balloon: 气球 artist: 艺术家美术家
比哑剧演员和气球艺术家低一个档次的人
-Jane: Well, she knew my name, so she must be good.
她知道我的名字所以她应该不错
Yeah, she either read your soul, or she read your inbox.
inbox: 收件箱
是啊要不她就是读懂了你的灵魂要不她就是看到了你的收件箱
-Jane: And the psychic had this look
那个灵媒
Like she could totally see through me.
totally: 完全地 see through: 看透、识破
好像完全可以看穿我
-Stacy: Hmm.
嗯
Were you wearing your bluesilk top?
bluesilk: 蓝丝绸 top: 顶端极点最高位置陀螺【帽子】
你是不是戴着蓝丝绸帽子
'Cause in the right light, you can totally see your...
'Cause: =because in the right light: 光线恰当
如果光线恰当就可以完全看到...
-Jane: That's not you at the door, is it?
你不在门边对吧
-Stacy: No. But if you're scared,
be scared: 吓得要命
不在但是如果你害怕了
There's a croquet mallet under my bed.
croquet mallet: 打槌球用的长柄木槌
我床下有一根槌球棒
-Jane: Hello?
谁啊
-Fred: Jane.
Jane
How about letting me in?
let in: 让进去
让我进去如何
-Jane: Oh, my god.
哦天哪
-Stacy: Jane?
Jane
-Fred: God, I miss deli food. Even gherkins.
deli: 美国口语相当于delicatessen 熟食品熟食店 gherkin: 腌黄瓜
老天我想念熟食甚至是小黄瓜
-Jane: Can we go back to the part about you being here for good?
for good: 永远地
我们能不能退回到你不能永远待在这里那部分
-Fred: Oh, I couldn't concentrate up there.
concentrate: 集中专心浓缩 up there: 在上面
哦我在上面不能集中精力
I was sending bad people to heaven and vice versa.
vice versa: 反过来也是一样地
我把坏人送到天堂反之亦然
-Jane: Because of Stacy?
因为Stacy
-Fred: She's all I could think about.
think about: 考虑
我满脑子都在想她
There’s a loophole in my contract,
loophole: 漏洞 contract: 合同
我的合同里有个漏洞
And I gave up my guardian angel status to return to earth as one of you.
give up: 放弃 guardian: 保护人监护人 angel: 天使 status: 地位
我放弃了守护天使的职位回到地球成为了你们中的一员
-Jane: Wait a minute.
等一下
You traded heaven... for Stacy?
trade for: 作价补钱买用…换 heaven: 天堂
你为Stacy...放弃了天堂
-Fred: I didn't have a choice.
我别无选择
After that kiss
那个吻过后
-Jane: No, no, no.
不不不
Her memory's been erased. She doesn't know who you are.
memory: 记忆 erase: 抹去擦掉
她的记忆被抹去了她都不知道你是谁
-Fred: She fell for me once, so I know that it can happen.
once: 曾经 fall for sb: 一见钟情
她曾今对我有感觉所以我知道有希望
Listen, it was a long trip,
听着我赶了很长一段路
So I should probably get back to your condo.
get back to: 重新回到(回溯到) condo: condominium 分户出售的大厦
所以我也许应该回你的公寓
-Jane: Oh.
哦
After you left, I rented it out.
rent: 出租
你离开后我租出去了
-Fred: Okay. Just a little bump in the road.
bump: 障碍
好吧只不过是路上的小障碍
What about my job?
我的工作呢
-Jane: The firm replaced you. They hired someone else.
firm: 公司 replace: 取代 hire: 雇请出租
被替代了他们雇了别人
-Fred: Of course they did.
当然啊
-Jane: You can crash on the sofa.
crash: 倒在 sofa: 沙发
你可以在沙发上睡
But try and be out of here before Stacy gets here in the morning.
be out of: 离开在…范围之外失业用光
但是要在Stacy早上回来前离开
-Miss Hall: No one is more frustrated than I
frustrated: 失败的落空的
没人比我更沮丧的了
When a client struggles to find a match.
struggle to: 挣扎着做某事尽力做某事 match: 对手【在这里引申为合意的人】
当顾客想找到伴侣的时候
-Jane: Yeah, I’m sure you feel awful.
awful: 可怕的
对我知道你感觉不好
We would like a full refund.
full refund: 全部退款
我们想要全额退款
-Tony: All due respect,
due: 应有的应付的 respect: 敬意
恕我直言
My client fulfilled their end of the contract.
我的客户已经完全履行了他们的合同
-Jane: Oh, really, because my client is still single?
single: 单身的
哦是嘛因为我的客户还是单身
The service provided her with 28 prospective matches.
provide: 提供供给 prospective: 未来的预期的
已经提供了28个有意的人选了
-Madelinne: Frogs.
frog: 青蛙
青蛙
-Tony: Excuse me?
什么
-Jane: Miss hall provided judge Summers with 28 individual dates.
individual: 个人的 date: 约会
Hall女士给Summers法官提供了28个伴儿
Not one led to a second date.
lead to: 导致引起
没有人约过第二次会的
Do you know what we call guys like that?
我们还能叫他们什么
-Tony: Frogs?
青蛙
-Madelinne: Frogs.
青蛙
-Jane: As in you got to kiss a lot of.
也就是说你亲过很多个了
-Madelinne: Oh, you find that funny?
funny: 滑稽的有趣的
哦你觉得那很有趣
-Tony: No. a little.
不有点而已
-Jane: Um, your contract guarantees an acceptable match with whom a membercompletes multiple dates within a three month period.
guarantee: 保证 acceptable: 合意的complete: 完成使完整 multiple: 多次的
你们的合同保证会在多次约会后提供合适的伴侣时限为3个月
There were no multiple dates.
没有多次约会
-Jane: In fact, some of the guys didn't make it till the entry.
in fact: 实际上 entry: 进入入口
实际上有的人连门栏够跨不过
-Tony: Whose fault is that?
fault: 过失
那是谁的错
-Jane: Excuse me?
什么
-Tony: I’m just saying the client is very picky.
client: 客户 picky: <口> 挑剔的
我的意思只是顾客很挑剔
-Jane: She is a highly intelligent woman
Intelligent: 聪明的智慧的 highly: 非常很
她是高智商的女人
Whose standards are off a certain caliber,
standard: 规格标准 caliber: 口径
标准肯定会高一些
Which is precisely why she came to you?
precisely: 精确地
所以她这才要去找你
-Miss Hall: Madeline, I understand you're frustrated.
frustrated: 郁闷的
Madeline 我知道你很郁闷
-Madelinne: Really? What gave it away?
give away: 送掉泄露
真的 是什么导致的呢
Look, my husband passed away four years ago.
听着我丈夫4年前过世
I’m not looking for a fairy tale.
fairy tale: 童话故事
我不是在寻找童话
I just want someone who doesn't get on my nerves.
get on my nerves: 令我神经紧张惹我厌烦
我只是想找一个不让我烦的人
-Miss Hall: I have an idea.
我有个主意
If you're open to it, every month,
be open to: 对…开放的易受…的
如果你能接受每个月
We host a mixer, invite all the clients.
host: 主持做东 mixer: 【聚会】 invite: 邀请
我们邀请所有的顾客参加一个聚会
And I don't believe you've been to any of them.
我不相信你从中找不出来一个
-Madelinne: No.
不
-Miss Hall: We're having one tonight at Bar Boca.
我们要在博卡吧有一次聚会
-Jane: Ooh, I love their appletinis.
appletinis: 苹果马天尼
哦我喜欢那里的苹果马天尼
They're good.
很不错
-Miss Hall: I have a very good feeling about tonight's group.
我对今天这一组的人感觉很好
-Madelinne: Well, I’m not really much into mixers.
be much into: 对…有兴趣 mixers: 交际会
我对聚会没什么兴趣
If you will excuse me.
失陪了
-Jane: Miss Hall, do you really think there will be an appropriate match at this event?
appropriate: 合适的 event: 大事事件
Hall女士你真的觉得这次会有合适的人选
-Miss Hall: I already have someone in mind.
in mind: 在心里考虑到想到
我已经想到几个人选了
-Madelinne: So, what did they give you, cash or check?
cash: 现金 check: 支票
那么他们给你什么了现金还是支票
-Jane: I think you should go tonight.
我觉得你今晚应该去
I knew you were gonna say that.
gonna: (美)将要(等于going to)
我就知道你会这么说
-Jane: What if tonight's the night you meet the one?
what if: 如果…将会怎么样
如果今晚你遇到真命天子呢
-Madelinne: What if tonight's the night an asteroid lands on bar Boca?
asteroid: 小行星 land on: 降落在
如果今晚小行星降落博卡酒吧呢
-Jane: Well, then, I'll sue for wrongful death. Winwin.
sue for: 控告 wrongful death: 异常死亡 winwin: 双赢
那么我就会起诉异常死亡双赢
-Madelinne: Except you'll be dead, too, because you're coming with me.
except: 除非
除非你也死了因为你要跟我一起来
-Stacy: Jane, you're home early.
Jane 你回家很早啊
-Stacy: Aah!
啊!
-Fred: Aah!
啊!
-Stacy: Hi. Uh, I didn't know you'd be home yet.
嗨我不知道你已经回家了
Oh, my god. You're robbing us and baking?
rob: 抢劫 bake: 烘焙烤
哦天哪你抢劫还烤东西
-Fred: Listen, I know you don't remember me, but, um
听着我知道你不记得我了但是--
-Stacy: Drop your weapon!
weapon: 武器 drop weapon: 放下武器
放下武器!
-Fred: It’s not a weapon. It’s a whisk.
whisk: 搅拌器
这不是武器只是搅拌器
-Stacy: Drop it!
放下!
-Fred: Stacy, it's me, Fred. We kissed. Stacy
是我 Fred 我们接吻过
-Stacy: Kiss this, buddy.
buddy: 伙伴好朋友
吻这家伙吧
-Fred: No, no, no! 不不不!
Amah! Amah god! Gees!
啊啊上苍啊
-Stacy: Ha.
哈
-Fred: Call Jane.
给Jane打电话
-Tessa: You know I loathe sweet grass.
loathe: 厌恶憎恶 sweet grass: 白菖蒲
你知道我讨厌白菖蒲的
Aw, but it is so cleansing.
cleansing: 清洁用的
但是有净化作用哦
-Lily: Sage is cleansing.
sage: 鼠尾草
鼠尾草也能净化啊
Sweet grass is a Rastafarian street vendor.
Rastafarian: 塔法里教 vendor: 厂商小贩
白菖蒲是塔法里教街头小贩用的
-Grayson: Maybe we should get this moving before the fire marshal shows up.
fire marshal: 消防局局长 show up: 出现
也许我们在消防局局长出现前应该继续议程吧
-Kim: We appreciate you both coming in.
appreciate: 赏识欣赏
感谢你们二位的到来
-Tessa’s lawyer: We’re only here as a courtesy.
courtesy: 礼貌好意恩惠
我们来这里只是出于好意
My client's done nothing wrong.
我的客户没有做错任何事
-Lily: She’s killing the business!
kill the business: 毁掉生意
她在毁掉生意!
I mean she might as well take a can of gas and torch the joint.
torch: 火炬火把手电筒 joint: 关节接合处
我是说她也可以用一罐煤气来点燃帐篷
-Tessa: Don’t be so dramatic.
dramatic: 戏剧的给你印象深刻的引人注目的
不要这么夸张行不
You’re the one doing that... thing with your voice.
你...那声音说话才夸张了
-Tessa: This is how I talk.
我就是这样说话的
Own! What the hell?!
哦! 干嘛 !
-Lily: That’s how you talk!
你是这样说话的!
And dressing like Anne Boleyn?
穿得像Anne Boleyn (英王亨利八世的第二任妻子)
Give me a break.
饶了我吧
-Lily: And what's with those scarves, sis?
scarves: 围巾
那这样的围巾呢姐姐
You trying to hide an extra chin?
try to: 试图 hide: 隐藏 extra chin: 双下巴
你想掩盖双下巴
-Lily: You want to borrow one? We can play Isadora Duncan.
你想借一条吗我们可以扮演Isadora Duncan了
-Tessa’s lawyer: Ladies, let's focus, please.
focus: 集中聚集使集中
女士们我们集中精力
-Kim: We’re prepared to file an injunction to close you down
prepare: 准备预备 file: 申请 injunction: 命令指令劝告 close down: 关闭【关门】
我们准备要起草一道禁制令让你关店
Unless you change the name of your store
change: 改变
除非你改掉店的名字
And relocate to no closer than five miles away.
relocate:放到新的地方 no closer than: 【在多远之外】
并且搬到5里之外的地方
-Tessa: Not a chance.
门都没有
You know, just because you're the oldest
你知道的就因为你是最老的
And think you're entitled,
be entitled: 具有…的资格
你就觉得你有资格
But I’m the one who studied with Madame Weitzman in Prague.
study with: 和…学习 Prague: 布拉格
但我才在布拉格跟Weitzman女士学习过
-Lily: She was a drunk who ran a youth hostel.
drunk: 喝醉了的【醉鬼】 youth hostel: 青年招待所
她是开青年旅店的醉鬼
-Grayson: I think we all need a cooling off period.
cooling off period: 冷却期
我觉得大家都需要冷静一下
How about we take a break and reconvene later?
take a break: 休息一下 reconvene: 重新召集
不如休息一下晚点再谈吧
-Kim: Reconvene? What happened to jumping in and saving the day?
jump in: 踊跃而热烈地加入 save the day: 转危为安反败为胜
再谈 不是说了要踊跃投入转败为胜
-Grayson: I guess the universe hasn't told me what to say yet.
universe: 宇宙【老天】
大概老天还没告诉我该怎么说
-Lily: You are killing the business!
你在毁掉生意!
Your heart chakra needs a triple bypass.
heart chakra: 心轮(其形十二叶) triple: 三倍的 bypass: 支路旁道
你的心轮需要3倍的旁道才行
-Tessa: You have such anger.
anger: 忿怒
你脾气太大了
No wonder you've been married six times.
no wonder: 难怪怪不得
怪不得结了6次婚
-Lily: Ooh, said the single woman... with eight cats.
哦就你这种有8只猫的...单身女还说这些
-Grayson: What?
什么
-Tessa: Schmoopy is still close.
close: 靠近的亲近的
做作仍然在附近
-Grayson: Did you say you…?
你在说你自己
-Tessa: You heard me?
听到我的话了么
-Jane: Better?
好点了
-Fred: Her pepper sprayed me.
pepper: 胡椒粉 spray: 喷雾扫射喷射
她用辣椒水喷我
-Jane: I warned you.
warn: 警告
警告过你的
-Fred: I know, but I thought that
我知道但我还以为--
-Jane: What, that she would see a complete stranger in her house
complete: 彻底的 stranger: 陌生人
什么她会看到是一个完全陌生的人在自己房子里
And think, "That’s the kind of guy I should be dating"?
date: 约会
还得想"这就是我应该约会的对象"
-Fred: But I am that guy. She just doesn't remember.
但我就是那个人只是她想不起来了
-Jane: Fred, she thinks of you
Fred 她觉得
As the crazy, roasting cheese cooking, home invader guy.
think of sb as: 【认为某人是】 roast: 烤 invader: 侵略者
你是个疯子入侵别人的家烤奶酪蛋糕的人
-Fred: You have to help me change that.
have to: 必须不得不
你要帮我改变那种看法
-Jane: I have done everything I can do.
我已经尽力了
I told her you were an old friend who's down on his luck
be down on sb’s luck: 【落难了】
我告诉她你是我的老朋友最近落难了
And that you're sleeping on the couch for a while.
couch: 长椅睡椅卧榻 for a while: 一阵子不长时间
你只是在沙发上睡一阵子
-Fred: How does that help?
那能有什么帮助
-Jane: What do you want me to do?
你想让我做什么
-Fred: Help her see that I could be her type.
type: 类型
帮她认清我可以是她喜欢的类型
-Jane: But you're not!
但你不是!
-Jane: You rest. Stacy and I are gonna be out late.
be out late: 很晚才回来
你先休息我和Stacy要很晚回来
We have to go meet judge summers.
我们要去见Summers法官
-Stacy: Is this okay for the mixer?
mixer: 聚会
这样穿去聚会可以吗
-Fred: Oh, my god.
哦天哪
-Stacy: Are you sure the judge is going to want me there?
judge: 法官
你确定那法官想我出现在那里吗
-Fred: You could stay here and take care of me.
stay: 停留留宿制止 take care of: 照顾关心
你可以留下来照顾我
-Stacy: I refilled my pepper spray.
refill: 重新灌满 pepper spray: 胡椒喷雾剂
我把辣椒水又灌满了
-Fred: Understood.
懂了
-Tessa: Well...I didn't expect to see you so soon...
expect: 预期 so soon: 这么快
嗯...我没想到这么快就再见你
-Grayson: But you knew I was coming?
但你知道我要来
-Tessa: Of course.
当然
-Grayson: $50 for contact?
contact: 联系
联系费50
-Tessa: With the deceased
deceased: 已故的
与死者联系-
Loved ones, parents, girlfriends.
loved one: 爱人
爱人父母女友
It’s my specialty.
specialty: 专长
这是我的专长
-Grayson: You know what? This was a mistake.
mistake: 错误
知道吗这是个错误
I I really shouldn't be speaking with you at all.
Not…at all: 根本不…
我--我根本不该来跟你说话
-Tessa: No. I don't believe in mistakes.
believe in: 认为相信
不我不相信错误
And we're t really going to be talking about the case, are we?
talk about: 讨论 case: 案例
我们要谈的实际上不是案子的事吧
-Stacy: Just tuck it behind your ear.
tuck: 挤进卷起
掖到耳朵后面吧
-Madelinne: Would you tell her to stop it?
你能让她停下来吗
-Jane: All right, Stacy.
好了 Stacy
-Stacy: I’m just trying to get her hair a little more fun.
我只是想让她的头发看起来有点意思
-Madelinne: Yeah, well, my hair doesn’t like fun
我的头发才没意思
My hair is like a good book, a glass of Chablis
我的头发像本好书一杯莎碧
And bed before "nightline."
然后在"夜线"播出前睡觉
-Jane: I think what Stacy’s trying to say is
Stacy想说的是
that it’s all about first impress that I know like this?
impress: 印象
来这里的第一印象很重要
-Stacy: So true.
太对了
-Madelinne: Well, first impress is a lie, okay?
第一印象是骗人的好吧
That’s why I don't believe in blush
blush: 脸红【腮红】
所以我才不相信腮红
Or teeth whitening or hair dye.
teeth whitening: 牙齿美白 hair dye: 染色
牙齿美白还有染发
Sooner or later, they're going to get to know who you really are.
sooner or later: 早晚
早晚他们都会知道你本来面目
And I know life is short. Why not make it a little sooner?
我说啊生命短暂为什么不早点知道呢
-Jane: Madeline
Madeline
I know the function like this is hard to take.
我知道像这样的效力会让人难以接受
-Madelinne: I’d rather have root canal therapy?
root canal therapy: 【牙科学】根管治疗
是啊那我宁愿做根管治疗
-Stacy: aha, and you are lucky
哈那你很幸运
The man in the blue suit I saw what he sign is dentist.
dentist: 牙医
那边的那个人我看到他写下的是牙医
Yet crooked teeth?
他牙是歪的
Go figure.
去看看吧
-Jane: Moving on.
继续正题
Let’s review the small talk
review: 复习
我们来复习一下对话
So, when a guy looks at you from across the room
当一个男人在房间另外一边看你的时候
And he gives you the puffy chest
puffy: 肥满的 chest: 胸胸部
他露出宽广的怀抱
And the perky eyebrow and the curled lip thing,
perky: 活泼的大胆的 eyebrow: 眉毛 curled: 卷曲的 lip: 嘴唇
挑眉挤眼努嘴
You go up to him and say
go up to: 走上前去
你就过去跟他说--
"Excuse me, are you having a stroke?"
stroke: 中风
打扰一下你中风了
-Jane: All right. Clearly, this was a bad idea.
好吧显然这个主意不好
I’m kidding. I’m going in.
开玩笑的我会过去
-Stacy: Look at the variety of men here.
variety: 多样、
看这一大堆的男人啊
Maybe I should try a dating service.
dating service: 约会服务
也许我应该试试约会服务
-Jane: Right, 'cause you have so much trouble finding men.
have trouble doing sty: 【做某事是很困难的】
好的因为你不擅长找男人
-Stacy: Sometimes, I feel like I just keep meeting
keep doing sty: 一直做某事
有时候
The same guy over and over.
over and over: 再三
我觉得是在不断不断的见同样的人
-Jane: Well, maybe you should broaden your search.
broaden: 变宽伸广
好吧也许你应该扩展一下你的范围
-Stacy: What do you mean?
什么意思
-Jane: Like, instead of jocks, you try another type,
jock: <美俚> (大学)运动员
就像是除了运动型你也试试其它类型
Like a cute but somewhat awkward shorter guy
cute:可爱的 somewhat: 多少几分 awkward: 尴尬的笨拙的
比如某些有小小二头肌的但是可爱的
With small biceps
biceps: 二头肌
矮个子
Someone who doesn't take you for granted
take for granted: 想当然(因视作想当然而)不予以重视
不是跟你玩玩而已的
And who would give up everything just to be with you.
give up: 放弃 be with sb: 和…在一起伴随支持
但会为了跟你在一起放弃所有的人
-Stacy: You are so crazy when you drink
哈你喝了酒爱说疯话诶
Go look around.
look around: 到处寻找(察看)
四周瞧瞧吧
-Tessa: Her death was very sudden.
她死得很突然
-Grayson: Was. It also the obituary said so.
obituary: 讣闻
是的讣闻也这么说了
-Tessa: Well, I don’t read papers.
我不读报纸
-Grayson: Her name was
她叫
Oh.
哦
-Tessa: I’m getting a "d."
我看到一个"D"
-Grayson: Deb.
Deb
-Tessa: She’s a strong presence.
strong: 强壮的 presence: 存在
她的存在力好强
-Grayson: She was.
原来是
-Tessa: Not was, is.
不是原来是现在
She’s still a part of your life.
她仍然在你生活中
You feel that, don't you?
你感觉到了是吗
-Grayson: I don't know.
不知道
I don't really buy into any of this.
buy into: 买进
我不太信这一套
-Tessa: Then why are you here?
那你为什么还来
-Grayson: 'cause if there's even a chance that you can...
'cause: =because chance: 机会偶然
因为即使有一点希望...
I want to know...
我想知道...
The first time, since Deb
Deb离开后我第一次...
-Tessa: You find yourself thinking of someone else
你发现自己在想着其它人
It’s okay. She wants you to be happy.
没关系她希望你幸福
-Grayson: What if you're just telling me what I want to hear?
如果你只是告诉我想听的话呢
-Tessa: That’s what I’m getting from Deb,
get from:从…处得到
这是我从Deb那里听到的
But it's for you to decide.
decide: 决定
但是要你来决定
-Grayson: Is this you and lily?
这是你和Lily
-Tessa: Yeah.
是啊
You were close, weren't you?
close: 靠近的亲近的
你们原来很亲密吧
Now, you are being quite.
这次轮到你沉默了
You know
你知道
It’s oddly to keep a photo of someone you can't even talk to.
odd: 奇怪的
把一个你无法与之交谈的人的照片留着是很怪的事
-Tessa: It’s late
时间不早了
And if we're done here, I’m closing up.
close up: 靠近(愈合关闭封闭)【关门】
如果谈完了我要关门了
-Mark: The crazy thing is
crazy: 疯狂的
疯狂的是
My parents wanted me to go into the arts?
我父母想让我去学艺术
And I said ’Mom, I wanna be a doctor’
我说 “妈... 我想当医生"
-Madeline: You’re boring yourself there, uh...Mark?
bore: 使烦扰
你有点无聊...Mark
-Mark: Uh, sorry. It was a long day.
it is a long day: 【很难熬过的很艰难】
哦不好意思今天很难熬
-Madeline: mm. up past your bedtime?
up past: 过了…的点 bedtime: 睡觉时间
嗯过了你睡觉时间了
Why don't you go get some rest?
get some rest: 休息休息一会儿
何不去休息一下呢
-Miss Hall: Madeline
Madeline
I’d like to introduce you to Martin
我想介绍你认识Martin
- Martin: Diana speak very highly of you
她对你评价很高
Oh, hello, Martin
哦你好 Martin
-Madelinne: At least, he’s the right age range.
age range: 年龄要求
至少他年龄相仿
Why don't you sit down?
sit down: 坐下
干嘛不坐下来呢
Maybe we'll reminisce about the Nixon administration.
reminisce: 追忆追…的回忆 administration: 中央政府
或许我们能追忆一下尼克松执政年代的事
-Miss Hall: I’ll leave you to it.
你们俩聊吧
-Tony: Getting hazard pay for this one?
hazard: 危险危害 hazard pay: 危险工作津贴
干这个有危险工作津贴吗
-Jane: Am I going to need it?
我会需要吗 Tony
-Tony: Just trying to break the ice, Jane.
只是想摊开话题而已 Jane
-Jane: Fine.
好吧
-Tony: Seems like the things to do
好像就该这样的
We’re both in the same field.
in the same field: 同行
我们都是一行的
We are allowed to have a conversation
be allowed to: 被允许 conversation: 会话谈话
我们谈点对驳公堂以外的事
That’s not adversarial, I think.
adversarial: 对抗性的
还是被允许的我想的话
-Jane: Well, between you and me,
就我们来说说吧
Wouldn’t it be easier if your client
你说你的客户直接退款
Just paid my client the refund?
refund: 【退款赔偿】偿还
不是更简单吗
-Tony: Mm, maybe,
嗯也许吧
But that would be like a, uh, failure to Diana.
failure: 失败
但是那对Diana来说可就是失败了
And she doesn’t like failure
她不喜欢失败
-Jane: What is this?
这是什么
-Tony: Um, that's a business card.
business card: 名片
名片
You know in some culture, they actually exchange them
在某些文化里是互换名片的
In case for the dinner, you know talk about the case
in case: 万一
万一想一起吃个饭聊聊案子
Not talk about the case
或者不谈案子
-Jane: I’m sorry. Did you just ask me out?
ask out: 邀请外出退休【邀约约会】
不好意思啊你是在约我出去吗
-Tony: That would be inappropriate, right
inappropriate: 不适当的不相称的
那样就太不合适了是吧
-Jane: Yeah.
是啊
-Tony: At least at this moment?
at this moment: 现在
起码现在不行
-Jane: Yeah.
是
-Tony: The thing is, uh,
the thing: 重要的事
关键是因为
I think your complaint because of Diana is about to go away
complaint: 抱怨
我觉得你们对Diana的不满马上要消失了
-Jane: She looks happy.
她看起来很开心
-Tony: Hmm.
没错
-Stacy: Excuse us.
打扰一下
Code red.
code red: 红色代码【有紧急情况】
有急事
The guy with the judge I know him.
和法官在一起的那个男的...我认识他
He sold me a car.
他卖给我一辆车
-Jane: Salesmen are nice and stable.
salesmen: 销售人员 stable: 稳定的安定的
销售人员人好又稳定
-Stacy: In that deodorant commercial I did last year,
deodorant: 除臭剂 commercial: 商业广告
是在去年那个除臭剂广告里
He played a salesman with B.O.??
B.O.: 狐臭(body odor)
他演的是有体味的销售员
He is an actor, unemployed
他是个演员
There is no way he could pay for this dating service like this.
dating service: 服务约会
没可能能承担的起这个约会服务的
-Jane: Oh, my god.
哦我的天哪
-Stacy: You shouldn't have to pay $25,000 to meet unemployed actors.
unemployed: 失业的 actors: 演员
你该付了两万五却和没工作的演员见面约会
You can meet them for free at jerry's deli.
for free: 免费 deli: 熟食店
你可以在Jerry小吃店免费见的
Diana hired him to charm judge summers.
hire: 雇用 charm: 使…迷醉
Diana雇他来吸引Summers法官
-Jane: You are actually quite charming.
actually: 实际上 charming: 迷人的
你真是挺有魅力的
We have to go
我们得走了
Jane, this is Martin
Jane 这是Martin
-Jane: Hi, Martin. Nice to meet you. Good luck with your audition
audition: 试镜
嗨 Martin 很高兴见到你 祝你的面试顺利啊
Ready? Let’s go.
准备好了吧 我们走
-Madelinne: Hmm?
嗯
Excuse me. I’ll be right back.
be right back: 马上回来
不好意思我马上回来
I cannot believe I fell for it.
fall for: 信以为真为…倾倒
真不敢相信我竟然动心了
-Stacy: Don’t blame yourself. I’ve seen his work. He’s good.
blame: 过失责备 work: 工作【这里指表演】
别怪你自己我见过他表演 他是演技不错
"We’ll go to the mixer. You’ll meet the man of your dreams."
the man of your dreams: 【梦中情人】
"我们去聚会你会找到你的梦中情人的"
-Jane: I was wrong.
我错了
-Madeline: Right.
可不是
-Jane: But now I’m going to make that woman pay.
make sb pay: 【使付出代价】
但是我现在要让那个女人付出代价
We’ll file for fraud, intent to deceive, false advertising.
file: 申请 fraud: 欺骗 intent: 意图目的意向 deceive: 欺骗行骗 false: 不真实的 advertising: 广告广告业
我们告她诈骗蓄意欺骗虚假广告
Are you distracted?
distract: 烦恼的
你精神忧虑了吗
-Madelinne: Look at this face
你看看我这张脸
-Jane: Cue her damages.
cue: 提示
让她付惩罚性赔偿
What?
笑什么
-Stacy: Damages, It’s a funny word
惩罚性有意思的词儿
But this is very serious
serious: 严肃的
但是这案子很严肃
-Jane: You’re damn right it is
damn: 可恶的
让你说中了
And tomorrow Diana Hall will regret this
regret: 后悔
明天 Diana Hall肯定会后悔这么做
-Madelinne: You have to remember to ask her why she picked Martin for me.
remember: 记得 pick: 挑选
你记得问她为什么把Martin挑给我了
-Jane: For the last time, I am not going to ask that.
for the last time: 最后一次
最后说一次我不会问那个的
-Madelinne: Jane
Jane...
-Jane: just let me do my job.
让我做我的工作
-The Judge: Is there a problem, Miss Bin gum?
有问题吗 Bin gum女士
-Jane: No, your honor.
没有法官大人
Miss Hall
Hall女士
How much did you charged my client for your dating service
charge: 承担 client: 客户
你的约会服务收了我客户多少钱
-Miss Hall: $25,000.00
两万五千
-Jane: $25,000.00
两万五千
You set up my client with a man named Martin Donnelly
set up: 建立【安排】
你安排了我客户和一个叫Martin Donnelly的男士约会
How much did he pay for your dating service?
他付了多少钱给你呢
-Miss Hall: Nothing.
他没付
-Jane: Miss Hall, I have your service contract here.
Hall女士我这有你的服务合同
Will you just point the place where says
你能指出来
That, for their $25,000,
哪里写着交了两万五
You will be introducing your clients to unemployed actors
introduce: 介绍 unemployed: 失业的 actor: 演员
你会给他们介绍钱都没付的
Who have paid nothing to attend your mixers.
mixers: 聚会
无工作演员还参加你的聚会
-Miss Hall: It doesn't.
没写着
-Jane: Nothing further.
没问题了
Why didn’t you ask her why she chose Martin for me?
你为什么不问她为我选Martin的原因
-Jane: Cause it is not relevant. Shah.
relevant: 相关的切题的中肯的
因为这问题和案子没关系嘘
-Tony: Miss Hall, why was Mr. Donnelly gave a free membership?
free: 免费的 membership: 会员资格
Hall女士为什么Donnelly是免费的会员呢
-Miss Hall: A person is more than the size of their wallet.
wallet: 皮夹钱包
看一个人不能光看钱多钱少
If I think that a candidate is special
candidate: 候选人 special: 特别的专门的
如果我觉得候选人很特别的话
And he or she passes our extensive background and checking process
extensive: 大量的 background: 背景 process: 程序
而且他/她通过了我们的详细的背景检查
Then I will Sometime offer free memberships.
memberships: 会员资格
我有时会让他们免费入会的
-Tony: So Donnelly isn’t the only one?
所以 Donnelly不是唯一一个免费的会员
-Miss Hall: I have given free memberships to a firefighter
firefighter: 消防队员
我已经让一位消防员
A professor, a cop, evens a law student.
professor: 教授 cop: 警察
一位教授一位警察 还有一个法学院学生都免费入会了
I think these’ scholarships ’
scholarships: 奖学金
我觉得这些"奖学金"
Help to round out the pollen for potential matches.
round out: 完成 pollen: 配对 potential: 可能的潜在的 matches: 配对
可以加大配对的可能性
-Tony: Nothing further.
没有问题了
-The Judge: The witness may step down.
witness: 目击者证人 step down: 逐渐缩小
证人可以下来了
-Madelinne: Redirect, your honor.
redirect: 再直接询问 your honor: 法官大人
再次提问法官大人
-Jane: What are you doing?
你在干什么
-The Judge: Excuse me?
什么
-Jane: Madeline.
Madeline
-Madelinne: I believe I have the right. I will keep it short.
我有这权利我会简短点的
-The Judge: Proceed.
proceed: 着手进行继续进行
发问吧
-Medalinna: Thank you
谢谢
Miss Hall
Hall女士
At your mixer
mixer: 聚会
在你的聚会上
You chose one particular guy for me
particular: 特别的
你特别替我选了一个男士
An out of work actor.
out of work: 失业的
一个没有工作的演员
Why him?
为什么选他
-Miss Hall: Mar. Donnelly has a warm energy, a kind heart,
warm: 暖和的 energy: 活力 a kind heart: 一颗善良的心
Donnelly先生有一种温暖的力量一颗善良的心
And he's an avid reader three different book clubs.
avid: 渴望的热心的 reader: 读者
还是个读书爱好者 参加了三个不同的图书俱乐部
And as far as I could tell
据我观察
The two of you are getting along?
你俩相处的挺好的
Was I wrong?
我说错了吗
-Madelinne: Nothing further.
没问题了
Very well. We’ll recess for lunch.
recess: 休息
很好现在午餐休息
-Jane: You shouldn't have done that.
你不该那么做的
What did you just say to me?
你说什么
-Jane: I didn't want the jury to hear that.
jury: 陪审团
我不想让陪审团听见那个
-Madelinne: Jane, did you just say ‘I told so to’ me
Jane 你刚才对我说"我早说过了"
-Jane: No, but I will now.
没有但是我现在要说了
I told you so, I told you so, and I told you so.
早说过了早说过了早说过了
-Madelinne: I have never
我从来没有...
I am absolutely overawed.
absolutely: 完全地 overawe: 吓住
简直把我吓坏了 Jane Bin gum
-Jane: I am overawed.
哦我才被吓坏了
-Grayson: I appreciate of you showing up on short notice.
appreciate: 感谢 show up: 露面 on short notice: 即刻临时突然
感谢你们能在这么短时间内过来
-Lily: This is a waste of time.
纯粹浪费时间
-Tessa: Do you have any idea how many sessions I’m missing?
session: 会议
你知道我少看了多少个人了吗
-Lily: Sessions with my clients.
client: 客户
都是我的客户
-Tessa: Look, nobody's forcing them to walk across the street.
听着没人逼他们走到街对面来找我
-Lily: Bite me.
bite: 咬
去死吧
-Grayson: Ladies, don't take this the wrong way,
女士们别误解了
But we've heard enough from both of you.
但是我们听够了
-Lily: Then what are we doing here?
那我们在这做什么
-Grayson: I want to speak with the one person
我想和一个人谈谈
We haven’t heard from your father.
那人的话我们还没听你们的父亲
-Tessa’s lawyer: Are you kidding me?
kidding: 开玩笑
你开玩笑呢
You can't talk to the dead!
talk to: 对某人说话 the dead: 死者
怎么和死人说话!
-Lily: Excuse me?
你说啥啊
-Tessa’s lawyer: Well, I’m not saying it's impossible.
impossible: 不可能的
我没说一点可能没有
-Grayson: Good, because we're requesting the deposition of Leon Lancaster.
request: 请求要求 deposition: 证词
那就好因为我们现在要听听Leon Lancaster的证词
-Kim: Do you know what’re you doing?
你知道自己在干什么吗
-Grayson: Lily, for your all issues with your sister
issue: 问题
Lily 你和你妹妹的问题
Have you ever wonder and doubt her abilities.
doubt: 怀疑不信 ability: 才能能力
你没有怀疑过她的能力
-Lily: She’s a phenomenal psychic, just a lousy sister.
phenomenal: 非凡的 psychic: 【通灵师】 lousy: 差劲的
她是个非凡的通灵师 但是个糟糕的妹妹
-Grayson: Tessa, do you believe you can contact your father right here?
contact: 接触联系 right here: 就在这里
Tessa 你觉得你现在能联系到你父亲吗
-Tessa: I can try.
可以试试
-Fred: Good morning, M…
早上好先生...
Good morning, Mr. Parker, I hope I am not…
早上好 Parker先生我希望我...
-Parker: You’ve got 30 seconds to tell me
你就是等了我整个早上的那孩子
What the hell you're doing in my office.
the hell: 到底
你有三十秒时间告诉我你在我办公室做什么
-Fred: Uh, my name is Fred, and I’m here to get my job back.
get back: 拿回取回
我的名字是Fred 我来这是为了找回我的工作
-Parker: What job? You never worked here.
什么工作 你从来没在这工作过
-Fred: True uh, what I meant to say is
what I mean to say: 本意
没错我想说的是
Even though I’ve never worked here before,
even though: 即使
即使我没在这工作过
I I feel like I have.
但我觉得我有过
Um, I’m friends with Jane Bin Gum,
be friends with: 是…的朋友
我是Jane Bin gum的朋友
And I know your, uh, firm inside and out.
know sty inside and out: 对…了如指掌
我对你的公司了如指掌
I think… No…I know... that I can be a kick-ass mailroom guy
kick-ass: 强大的 mailroom: 邮政收发室
我觉得...不...我知道... 我能做个很棒的收发员
-Parker: You do realize that position has already been filled?
position: 职位
你知道那个位置已经有人了吧
-Fred: Yeah, but has it really?
是但是真的算有人了吗
I mean the guy you got in there right now he’s fine.
现在在那个职位的那个小子他是不错
But does he know to maximize a toner cartridge
maximize: 取…最大值 toner cartridge: 色剂盒
但是他知道想最大限度使用墨粉盒
Is shaking side by side?
是事先使劲摇晃吗
Does he know when you have diploma before noon, you will arrive earlier
diploma: 毕业证书
他知道如果你在中午之前有取证你会来早了
Near the coffee machine prepare at the night before
你喜欢咖啡机在头天晚上就打理好了
And does he know that the Golf Digest arrives at Tuesday, and you like to read it overlunch, but, with a bread pastry, and he should take it on the side for you.
pastry: 油酥点心
他知道高尔夫文摘周但是你喜欢配着面包油酥吃午饭的时候读吗..所以他该事先给你准备一个
-Parker: I do like that
我确实喜欢那个
-Fred: I know, sir. Cherry cheese is your favorite.
cherry: 樱桃 cheese: 奶酪 favorite: 最喜爱的
我知道先生樱桃奶酪是您的最爱
-Parker: Jennifer, call down to the mail room.
mail room: 邮件室
Jennifer 给收发室打电话
Tell them the new guy's being replaced.
be replaced: 被取代更换
告诉他们新来的被人替了
-Parker: Oh. Sorry, kid.
哦对不起孩子
Uh, whiting & lip man are looking. I’ll put in a good word.
put in a good word: 推荐美言
嗯 Whiting & Lippman在招人我会替你说好话的
-Tessa: He’s near.
他靠近了
I can feel his presence
我能感觉到他的出现
-Lily: let him know your own by serving smoothies in your new shop with the curlicuestraws.
serve: 服务对待 smoothies: 水果刨冰 curlicue: 花体花饰 straw: 吸管
让他知道你的新店给客人提供带花式吸管的冰果露你就是这么纪念他的
She takes coupons.
coupon: 试样(配给券息票附单)
她接收折扣券
-Tessa: No negatives.
negative: 负面的
不要有负面情绪
Okay. Got him.
好的找到他了
Hi, dad. Lily and I are both here.
嗨爸爸 Lily和我都在这
-Grayson: Okay, Tessa, you can start to contact.
contact: 联系
好的 Tessa 你现在可以和他交流了
ask your father how he wants this business runs in his absence.
absence: 缺席
问问你父亲他不在了 他想让他的生意怎么继续下去
-Tessa: Dad said he left his life's work to both of us, 50/50,
爸爸说他把他的毕生事业平分给我们
With either of us having more save than the other.
这样我们都不会有什么好说的
-Grayson: So it was his intent for you to work together, as equal partners?
intent: 意图 equal partner: 平等伙伴
所以他的意思是要让你们一起平等的合作
-Tessa: Dad says yes.
爸爸说是的
-Lily: What did I say?
我说什么了!
-Tessa: But he knew with our personalities,
personality: 个性
但是他知道我们的个性
that it will be challenging and so he assumed he will be getting this call.
assume: 假定
一起合作很有挑战性所以他预料我们会来找他
-Grayson: Ask him about your shop; the new one is he okay with it?
okay: (表示同意或允许的)好的可以行
问问她你的那家新店他同意不同意
-Kim: Oh, come on. Don’t ask that.
哦得了吧别问这个
What do you think she's going to say?
你以为她会怎么说
-Tessa: Dad says...he is not ok with my shop.
爸爸说 ... 他不同意
-Tessa’s lawyer: And this is not hold on the court, you realize?
这在法庭上可站不住脚你们明白的
-Tessa: Dad says, I’m in over my head.
over my head: 无法承担难以理解
爸爸说我疯了
He says my problem is I don't always listen,
他说我的问题就是不常听别人的建议
And I should because lily has good ideas.
我应该听的因为Lily有好主意
His wish is for me to work with lily.
他希望我和Lily一起工作
Dad says, I need Lily
爸爸说我需要Lily
and Lily needs me.
Lily也需要我
-Lily: I knew that.
我知道
-Tessa: It’s okay.
没事的
-Lily: Mum. It’s okay.
嗯 没事的
-Jane: You went on 28 dates through miss Hall's dating service.
你在Hall女士的婚介机构约会了28次
Were any of these men available matches?
available: 可用的 match: 匹配
有任何有可能的人吗
-Madelinne: No
没有
-Jane: But you’re promised a match, right
但是有人承诺你一定会成的对吗
-Madelinne: With a guarantee, a money back guarantee.
guarantee: 保证
还给我保证了退款的保证
-Jane: You witness
witness: 见证
我问完了
-Tony: Judge Summers
Summers法官
Isn’t true that you rejected every match that Diana set up for you
reject: 拒绝驳回丢弃
你拒绝了所有婚介所给你介绍的人
Because of your impossibly high standards?
impossibly: 不可能地 high standard: 高标准
因为你高的不可能再高的标准是真的吗
-Madelinne: Absolutely not.
absolutely: 绝对地
绝对不是
-Tony: I have response cards that you filled out after every one of your dates.
response: 回答响应 fill out: 填写 date: 约会
我这里有你每次约会之后填过的回复卡
Do you remember?
你记得吗
Why you didn't want to see Matt Stalls again?
你为什么不想再见Matt Stalls了吗
-Madelinne: He wasn't very well read.
well read: 博学的
他书读的不多
-Tony: Sean Curls?
Sean Curls呢
-Madelinne: He had a annoy voice.
annoy: 烦恼的
他的声音很烦人
-Tony: Michael Doty?
Michael Doty呢
Couldn’t get past the last name.
听完这姓就完蛋了
-Madelinne: Exactly.
没错
-Tony: Don Reynolds.
Don Reynolds
Ears that’s all you wrote, just "ears."
耳朵你只写了 "耳朵"
-Jane: Objection Your honor.
objection: 反对 your honor: 法官大人
反对法官大人
Badgering the witness, and, frankly, making me angry.
badger: 纠缠 witness: 目击者证人 frankly: 坦白地 angry: 生气的
辩方律师在(用问题)纠缠证人 老实说这让我很生气
-The Judge: Sustained.
sustained: 反对有效
反对有效
-Tony: Judge Summers
Summers法官
Isn’t true you missed yourself signed up for this service?
sign up: 签约从事
你在签署这项服务的时候误报了自己的信息是真的吗
-Madelinne: Of course not.
当然没有
Would you mind reading your own profile?
profile: 概要人物简介
能麻烦读一下自己的简介吗
-Madelinne: I am a fun loving romantic, who enjoys quietly walking on the beach.
romantic: 浪漫的 beach: 沙滩
我是个风趣浪漫的人喜欢在沙滩上静静漫步
Candlelit dinners and Hugh Grant movies."
candlelit: 点着蜡烛的用蜡烛照明的
喜欢烛光晚餐和看Hugh Grant演的电影
-Tony: Is that all true, 'cause you don't really seem Like the fun loving, romantic type?
'cause: =because因为
那都是真的吗你看上去不太像...个风趣浪漫的人啊
-Jane: Your honor.
法官大人
-Madelinne: That’s the kind of man my husband was
那是我亡夫的类型
and the kind of man I am looking for
也是我要寻找的男人类型
-Tony: What’s the last Hugh Grant movie as you saw?
你看过最新的Hugh Grant演的电影是哪部
-Madelinne: You know I really don’t need this
我真的不需要回答这个
-Tony: Can’t even name a Hugh Grant movie?
你连一部Hugh Grant演的电影的名字都说不出来吗
-Madelinne: Four wedding and your funeral.
funeral: 葬礼
四个婚礼和你的葬礼(四个婚礼一个葬礼)
Are you familiar with that one? He is acting a piece of crap.
familiar with: 熟悉 crap: 废物
你熟悉吗因为他演一个自以为是的烂货
-Jane: Madeline
Madeline...
-Madelinne: I’m done.
我受够了
-Jane: No, no, no, you can't leave.
不不不你不能走
-The Judge: Madeline, you are not dismissed. I will hold you in contempt.
dismiss: 解散 hold: 拘留 contempt: 轻视轻蔑
Madeline 你还不能走我会以蔑视法庭为由拘留你的
-Madelinne: Well, you can't, because I’m dropping the case.
drop the case: 撤诉
你办不到因为我要撤诉
No case, no contempt. Goodbye.
没有案子就不存在蔑视法庭再见
-Jane: Uh, short recess, your honor.
short recess: 短暂休息
呃我提出短暂休息法官大人
-Jane: What are you doing?
你在干什么啊
You know we can’t just walk out of the court like that.
你知道不能就那样离席的啊
-Madelinne: Are you sure you wanna be lectured on me??
wanna: =want to lecture on: 说教
你确定要对我说教吗
-Jane: Oh, look, I know you are upset.
upset: 伤心的
好吧你看我知道你很伤心
-Madelinne: I am not upset, I am pissed,
upset: 烦乱的不高兴的 piss: 不爽
我不是伤心我气疯了
at that lawyer who humiliate me at open court
humiliate: 羞辱
气那律师当众羞辱我
And myself for letting him, but mostly I am pissed at you.
mostly: 主要
气我自己放任他这样做更气你
-Jane: Me? What did I do?
气我 我做了什么啊
-Madelinne: You pushed me into this, going to court.
你把我推进来的让我上法庭
You’re the one who signed me up for that stupid service to begin with.
sign up: 签约 begin with: 始于…(以…为起点)
当初可是你让我注册这项愚蠢的服务的
-Jane: Well, I’m sure I didn't tell you to lie on your questionnaire.
questionnaire: 调查表
我确定没让你在调查表上撒谎吧
-Madelinne: You filled it out for me!
是你帮我填的啊!
-Jane: What?
啥
-Madelinne: Jane, I trusted you
trust: 信任
Jane 我信任过你啊
When you said that I should get out of the house.
你当时说要出门走走才行
I got out of the house. Now look at this mess.
mess: 乱七八糟 look at this mess: 看看这个烂摊子
我就出门走走了看看这一团乱吧
-Jane: Judge Summers Madeline
Summers法官 Madeline!
-Teri: Judge summers.
Summers法官
-Madelinne: Do I know you?
我认识你吗
-Teri: I’m Jane bin gum’s assistant no reason you should remember.
assistant: 助理助手
我是Jane Bin gum的助理...你不记得也很自然
We’ve only been introduced 16 or 17 times.
因为我们被引见过大概有16 17回了吧
-Madelinne: Teri.
Teri
Not so good with faces attitude, however.
attitude: 态度
我不太记人脸态度还是有印象的
I suppose she sent you here
我看是她派你来的吧
-Teri: You suppose wrong
你的看法错误
I came here because you are bumming her out.
bum out: 使烦恼
我来是因为你让她烦心透了
-Madelinne: I am bumming her out?
我让她烦心透了吗
-Teri: Jane doesn't have a lot of friends, and
Jane没几个朋友而...
And you are one of them.
而你就是其中之一
And she tries to help you
她想帮你
And you kicked her and she treetop the curb!
treetop: 树顶 curb: 抑制勒马绳边石路缘
而你老让她碰钉子
-Madelinne: She forced me into that courtroom,
courtroom: 法庭审判庭
她逼我去那法庭上
And I have never been so humiliated in my entire life.
humiliate: 使丢脸 entire: 全部的整个的
-Teri:接受了这辈子从没有过的侮辱
Oh please.
噢拜托
You know, you have a reputation...
reputation: 名誉声誉
你知道你已经名声在外了...
...for being a tough, no non sense force of nature
sense: 感觉 force of nature: 自然的力量
tough: 强硬的、
...做为一股作风强硬严肃的女强人
Who doesn’t get push around?
push around: 摆弄
没被人使唤过
Nobody force you into that court room.
force: 强迫
没人逼你上法庭啊
The case didn’t go your way
是案子没照你想的方向发展
and now you’re looking for someone to blame.
blame: 责备
现在你要找个替罪羊
-Madelinne: If you were my assistant,
如果你是我的助理
I would fire you for insubordination.
fire: 开除insubordination: 不顺从
我就以不听指挥之名解雇你
-Teri: If I was your assistant,
如果我是你助理
You’d already be on the Supreme Court.
supreme: 最高的 supreme court: 最高法院
你早上最高法院了
-Madelinne: People say I’m a force of nurse?
别人说我是一个女强人
-Teri: Jane left you a bunch of messages.
a bunch of: 很多
Jane给你留了一大堆言
You should call her back.
你应该给她回电话
-Kim: Summoning the dead dad that was genius.
summon: 召唤 genius: 天才
召唤过世的父亲...你真是天才
How did you know it would work?
work: 奏效有效工作
你怎么知道能奏效呢
-Grayson: I sensed it.
我感觉到了
Can’t done with the communication
communication: 交流
要有沟通
I needed to make it possible for the sisters to talk without pride getting in the way.
pride: 自傲自豪自尊
我就要确保让那两姐妹放下傲慢态度开始交谈
-Kim: So you didn't actually believe they are contacting with their father.
actually: 实际上 contact with: 联系
所以你并不是真的相信她们在同父亲交流吗
-Grayson: It doesn’t matter what I believe
我信不信不重要
It worked.
反正奏效了
-Kim: Nice?
回避得好
All right, you wanna know what I believe; I believe sometimes people need a nudge?
好吧你想知道我信什么 我相信人人都有小破绽
-Kim: A nudge?
小破绽
-Grayson: Tessa wanted to apologize to her sister.
apologize: 道歉
Tessa想要同姐姐道歉
But needed someone to show her how to do it.
但是需要人告诉她怎么做
Lily wanted her sister back
Lily想让她妹妹回来
But she didn’t wanna be the one to say so
wanna: =want to
但是却不想从自己嘴里说出来
And then there's us.
然后就说到我们
-Kim: Us?
我们
You think all this has something to do with us?
have something to do with: 和…有关
你觉得这些还跟我们有关吗
-Grayson: Oh, we agree not to talk about it.
我知道我们讲好不再提
The kiss.
那个吻
-Kim: That’s right.
是的
We’re going to pretend it never happened.
pretend: 假装
我们要当做那个没发生过
-Grayson: Right.
是的
-Kim: Right.
对
-Grayson: But the truth is...
但是事实是...
I’m a little bit psychic.
我能通点灵的
-Kim: Really?
真的啊
And I sense that if I asked you out to dinner on a date,
on a date: 约会
我感觉到如果我约你吃晚饭
You’ll say yes.
你会接受
So what do you say
你说呢
-Madelinne: You busy?
你忙吗
-Jane: Uh, discovery from the dating service.
discovery: 发现
嗯这些都是在约会服务项目里查出来的
I subpoenaed every file of every member in the state.
subpoena: 传审
我传唤了所有本州会员的文件
Guess I went a little overboard.
overboard: 全身心投入的
看来我有点过头了
-Madelinne: You really were trying to help me.
你是真的努力帮过我的
-Jane: Yeah
是啊
-Madelinne: Jane, uh... I want to apologize.
apologize: 道歉
Jane 嗯...我想向你道歉
I over reacted.
react: 反应
我反应过激了
I blamed you for erfundene Fault.
blame: 责备 erfundene: 莫须有的 fault: 故障过失缺点
我给你加了莫须有的罪名
-Jane: But it was my fault.
的确是我的错
Hugh grant was my lame idea.
lame: 无说服力的
Hugh Grant是我的馊主意
-Madelinne: No, I distinctly remember that was mine.
distinctly: 显然地
不我清楚记得那是我的主意
Murray loved those movies.
Murray爱那些电影
God help me, I was just trying to find somebody like him.
老天保佑我只是想找个像他那样的人
-Jane: I understand.
我理解
-Madelinne: I hope you never know what it's like
我真希望你永远也不会尝试到
to lose your lover in your life without him
失去爱人的感觉没他生活好艰难
-Jane: I can't imagine.
imagine: 想象
无法想象啊
-Madelinne: Still, you know, it doesn't give somebody like Diana
right: 权利 take advantage: 占某人的便宜
但是你知道那也不能让Diana这样的人有利可图
I mean, she may not have broken that contract, the right to take advantage.
contract: 合同 advantage: 优势
我是说她或许没有毁约
but she definitely bent it.
definitely: 肯定地 bend: 扭曲
但是她肯定有所扭曲
-Jane: Yeah
是啊
-Madelinne: Ron Haywood? What is that file doing here? Is that from me office?
Ron Haywood 这份文件怎么会在这里是从我办公室里拿的吗
-Jane: NO?
不是
These are all from the dating service.
dating service: 约会服务
这些都是约会服务公司的
-Madelinne: Run Haywood is a client Diana’s client?
Ron Haywood是个客户吗...Diana的客户
-Jane: Yeah she tried to set you up with him, but I guess he declined the date.
set up: 安排 decline: 婉谢
是啊...她本想安排你和他会面的但我猜他拒绝了那次约会
His loss, by the way.
顺便说一下那是他的损失
-Madelinne: Did you file the papers to have my case dismissed yet?
dismiss: 撤诉
我撤诉的申请文件发了吗
-Jane: No, I was going to first thing in the morning.
first thing: 一大早
没有我打算明天早上先做那个的
-Madelinne: I have the better idea DON’T
我有个更好的想法别撤诉
-Jane: Miss Hall, your contract states that every client
contract: 合同 state: 陈述
Hall小姐你的合同上说每位客户
Has undergone an extensive background check, correct?
undergo: 经历 extensive: 广泛的 background: 背景
都经过了详细的背景调查对不对
-Miss Hall: That’s right.
是的
-Jane: And you claim that your background checks
claim: 要求请求
而且你声称你们的调查水平
Are state of the art.
state of the art: 技术发展水平
是非常顶尖的
True?
是吗
-Miss Hall: Absolutely.
当然了
They must be if you're asking someone to pay $25,000.
必需是 如果你是要别人付2万5千美元的话
-Jane: So anything less than that would be breach of the contract, am I right?
breach: 违背
所以如果有纰漏就不能说是遵守合同了对不对
-Miss Hall: I suppose so, yes
我想是的
-Jane: Would the man in the back row please stand?
row: 排
后排的男士请站起来好吗
Do you recognize run Haywood?
你认识Ron Haywood吗
-Miss Hall: Yes, he is a client
是的他是一位客户
-Jane: Is it true that you tried to set him up with Judge Summer two months ago
两个月前你是不是想安排他和Summers法官约会
-Miss Hall: I tried.
是的
He declined the date.
decline: 拒绝
他拒绝了那次约会
The heart wants what the heart wants.
不能强人所难吧
-Jane: Yes, it does.
对的确是
Or, maybe he didn’t want to date with the woman who sentenced him for 5 years inprison for wire fraud.
sentence: 判决 wire: 电话线 fraud: 诈骗
或者是他因为电话诈骗而被判5年徒刑他不想和给他下判的女人约会
-Jane: Were you aware, Miss Hall?
aware: 意识到的
Hall小姐你当时知道
That Mr. Haywood is a convicted felon
convicted: 已被判刑的 felon: 重罪人
Haywood先生是个被判过刑的恶人
And that judge summers presided at his trial?
preside: 主持 trial: 审讯讯问
而正是Summers主持的他的审讯吗
-Miss Hall: No.
不知道
-Jane: Last night, with the cooperation of the prison board,
cooperation: 合作协作 prison board: 监狱委员会
昨晚在监狱委员会的配合下
I cross referenced all of your clients.
cross reference: 互相对照
我拿你所有的客户
With the California felony database,
felony: 重罪 database: 数据库
同加州重罪数据库进行了较差比对
And Mr. Hay gosh, and seven were both on the axons list.
axons: 轴突 list: 清单
Haywood先生和其他7位男客户都有前科
So, Miss Hall
那么Hall女士
You have introduced Villians to wealthy woman
你把恶人介绍给了体面的女士们
Gosh, imagine what ability?
imagine: 设想 ability: 能力
老天啊想想这是什么职责啊
-Tony: Your honor, we like short recess.
recess: 休息
大人我们要求短暂休庭
-The Judge: Yes, I imagine you would.
好我想也是
-Grayson: Like you do it, your co-operation will do it.
co-operation: 合作
这样就应该行了你们的合作协议可以想来你们也该这样了
Everything you father wanted is in the black and white.
你们父亲想要的都在白纸黑子上了
-Kim: You will be crowners of the original business
crowner: 共同所有人 original: 最初的原始的
你们将成为原有生意的合伙人...
A 50/50 split.
split: 劈开
收益对半分
-Lily: Mr. Kent, you came through for us,
come through: 经历脱险
Kent先生你是我们的救星
Just like the universe told me.
universe: 宇宙
正如宇宙告诉我的
-Tessa: You know the universe told me the same thing.
宇宙也告诉了我一样的事
-Lily: Yeah, I’m sure the universe has nothing better to do
对哦我确定宇宙也只会
Than tell us the same thing.
告诉我们一样的事情
-Grayson: Ladies.
女士们
-Lily: Sorry.
抱歉
-Tessa: It was no big thing.
big thing: 大事
没啥大不了的
-Lily: Listen, we are going to go out to dinner at le Due.
听着我们要在Le Due餐厅吃晚餐
Would you like to join in us?
你们想来一起吃吗
-Kim: Actually, we would love to join in you, but
其实我们真的很想去但是
We already have dinner plans.
我们俩已经有晚餐计划了
-Lily: Don’t order the halibut.
halibut: 大比目鱼
别点比目鱼
Just a feeling.
只是我的感觉罢了
-Madelinne: a full refund?
refund: 退款
全额退款
-Jane: Every penny,
一个子儿都不少
And they've agreed to disclose their business practices in all promotional literature.
disclose: 揭露 business practice: 商业活动 promotional: 推销的 literature: 文学文献 promotional literature: 宣传推广资料
他们还同意公布所有宣传推广资料里的商业行为
-Madelinne: And what about the axons?
axons: 前科犯
那前科犯呢
-Jane: Oh, they're shutting down for a month to implement examine and endorse process.
shut down: 关闭降临 implement: 落实 examine: 检查 endorse: 签署
噢他们要停业一个月执行新的审批程序
A real one this time under the court’s supervision.
supervision: 监督
这次是动真格的在法庭的监督下执行
-Madelinne: Well done, and thanks
干得好啊谢谢你
What is that?
那是什么
-Jane: Oh, I was just packing up some case files,
pack up: 打包(停止工作出故障) file: 文件
我在整理案子的文件时
And this caught my eye.
这个吸引了我
George Cotton do you remember him?
George Cotton...你还记得他吗
-Madelinne: Uh, yeah. He was a chef.
chef: 厨师
嗯记得他是个大厨
-Jane: And you went out with him one.
你同他出去过一回
Take a look at the feedback card
feedback: 反馈
看看他的反馈卡吧
“Madeline has a sharp sense of humor and a distinct world view.
sharp: 敏锐的 humor: 幽默 distinct: 清楚的 world view: 世界观
Madeline非常幽默而且有独特的世界观
I found her tough, but lovable
tough: 强硬的 lovable: 可爱的
我觉得她很强硬但也很可爱...
A winning combination."
winning: 得胜的胜利的 combination: 结合联合
事业成功的结合
He’s kind of cute.
cute: 可爱的
他也挺可爱的
-Jane: His phone number's on the back.
他的电话号码在背面
-Madelinne: Really?
真的吗
Thank you.
谢谢你
-Fred: Stacy.
Stacy
-Stacy: Hey. Are you ready to go?
嗨你准备好出发了吗
-Fred: what
什么
-Stacy: I am sorry, am talking to...
抱歉我和...
- The just be fired mailman: Let me just turn in my last time card, and we're out of here.
turn in: 归还
等我最后一次打卡下班 然后我们就离开这里
-Fred: Dude! Are going out with Stacy?
伙计你是要和Stacy出去吗
- The just be fired mailman: I can’t believe either
我也不敢相信啊
This starts the office
这一周真是太诡异了
fired for no reason at all
fire: 解雇
没头没脑地被辞了
I’m on my balcony, complaining about my sorry life,
balcony: 阳台 complaint: 抱怨
我正在阳台上抱怨自己人生如何失败的时候
When this goddess starts talking to me.
goddess: 女神
然后这位女神就开始同我搭讪了
Uh, then she says something about trying on a new type
try on: 试用
嗯她说了些关于试着结交新类型男友的事
And suggests we get drinks.
suggest: 建议提出
然后提议出去喝一杯
-Fred: You’re killing me.
你杀了我吧
- The just be fired mailman: I know, right?
我知道真的
Hey, uh, you seem like the kind of guy
嗨你看上去是那种
Who has no problem with the ladies?
have problem with: 有困难
很会讨好姑娘们的人
Uh, any advice?
嗯有什么建议吗
- Fred: Yeah. just, um... treat her well.
treat: 视为
有啊就是嗯...要对她好
She deserves the best.
她应该得到幸福
- The just be fired mailman: Cool, Thanks.
好的多谢
-Lily: Excuse me. I’m looking for the ladies' room.
劳驾请问女卫生间在哪里
-Jane: Oh, you're Kim’s psychic.
psychic: 灵媒
你是Kim的灵媒吧
Um, the other day,
嗯那天
You told me that I wouldn't be alone for long.
for long: 长久
你说我不会单身太久的
-Lily: Was I right?
我说对了吗
-Jane: Can I ask you something
我能问你些事情吗
-Lily: Well, normally I’ll have you to go make an appointment
normally: 通常地 appointment: 约会
通常我会让你去预约
Oh, go ahead. I’m in a good mood.
in a good mood: 心情好情绪好
但是请说吧我现在心情很好
-Jane: Um, I have this...friend,
嗯我有个...朋友
And she’s lost the love for life
刚刚失去爱人
and she know that she should move on
她知道应该继续生活
But she's kind of stuck.
stuck: 不能动的被困住的
但是她仿佛困住了
-Lily: What is hell?
我是怎么了'
I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.
maintain: 维持 suffering: 苦楚受难 unable: 不能
无法坠入爱河...将是我此生无尽的劫数
-Jane: Wait. What does that mean?
等等那是什么意思
-Lily: I have no idea. You’d have to ask Dostoyevsky.
我也不知道你得问托斯陀也夫斯基
Jane, the best way to get unstuck is to give you a kick in the ass.
unstuck: 松开的 a kick in the ass: 遭到意外拒绝
Jane 对付被困住最好的办法就是推自己一把
You don't have to live in the past.
你不必活在过去的
-Tony: Nicest. Hello?
我是Nicest 喂
-Jane: Hi, it's Jane Bin gum, tony.
喂我是Jane Bin gum Tony
-Tony: Calling to gloat?
gloat: 满足地看独自暗笑
打电话来泼冷水吗
-Jane: Uh...you know, the other night,
呃...你那晚说过
You said that we should have dinner.
我们应该一起吃顿晚餐
Was that just a strategic move to throw me off my game?
strategic: 战略的 strategic move: 战略措施 throw me off my game: 分心
那是不是一个让我分心的招数呢
-Tony: Well, if it was, it didn't really work.
如果是的话也没奏效啊
Are you free next Tuesday?
你下周二有空吗
-Jane: Yes. Yes, I am.
行啊我有空
-Tony: Great
很好
You’ve been to Street on Highland? They have fantastic appetites.
fantastic: 极好的 appetites: 胃口
有去过Street On Highland吧他们的开胃菜棒极了
-Jane: Oh my god, I love appetites.
天啊我好爱开胃菜的!
-Tony: I’m looking forward to it.
look forward to: 展望期待
我很期待呢
-Jane: Yeah. You know what? So am I.
是啊知道吗我也是
词汇解析:Peyton 校对:Fanny
本文来自: 爱酷英语(<a href="www.icoolen.com'>http://www.icoolen.com/">www.icoolen.com</a>) 详细出处参考:http://www.icoolen.com/film_veido/DDD_s1e10