每一天,进行着无数次对话,讲着各种各样的话题。下面是小编给大家整理的英语口语对话,供大家参阅!
英语口语对话:攀登富士山
Todd: OK, Steven, what do you want to talk about?
好,Steven,你想谈点什么呢?
Steven: Hiking!
徒步旅行!
Todd: Hiking! Are you a big mountain man?
徒步旅行!你喜欢爬高山吗?
Steven: Yeah, yeah, I really love getting out into the mountains.
是的是的!我特别喜欢出去爬山。
Todd: What mountains have you climbed?
你都爬什么山?
Steven: Well, recently, I climbed Mt. Fuji.
恩,最近我爬的富士山。
Todd: Wow, how long did it take you to get to the top?
哇,爬上山顶你用了多久啊?
Steven: Well, I actually climbed Mt. Fuji on four different occasions.
恩,事实上,我已经在四个不同的时刻爬过富士山了。
Todd: Wow, really!
哇,真的嘛!
Steven: Yeah, so it was different times each trek.
是的,每次徒步都是在不同的时间段。
Todd: OK, did you go in summer or in spring?
哦,你是夏天还是春天去的啊?
Steven: No, actually, the first time I went in, to climb Fuji was in the winter.
不,事实上,我第一次爬富士山是在冬天。
Todd: Wow, man that must have been cold.
哇,去那儿的人一定会感觉很冷。
Steven: Yeah, well, it wasn't too bad. We had warm clothes and, you know, we were constantly walking, so our body temperature was quite high.
恩,但还好。我们都带着棉衣,而且你知道的,我们一直都在走,所以我们的体温很高。
Todd: Didn't you slip on the ice? Wasn't the ice really slippery?
你没在冰上滑倒吗?那些冰真的很滑吗?
Steven: Well, we had crampons and ice axes with us.
恩,但我们有冰爪和冰斧。
Todd: Really, I'm sorry, you had "crampons"?
真的呀,呃你说你们有“冰爪”?
Steven: Yeah, they're like spikes that go on your feet, yeah, basically ice shoes, yeah, so you can actually walk on the ice with these shoes without slipping, no problem.
对呀,他们就像钉鞋一样固定在你的脚上。恩,基本上就是冰鞋,这样在冰上你就不至于滑倒了。
Todd: Really! What was it like on the top?
真的呀!山顶什么样啊?
Steven: Well, on that particular occasion we didn't get to the top because it was too late in the day. We would have arrived at the top just as the just was setting and it would have been very dangerous I think coming back down, so.
恩,在一个特定的场合下我们没上山顶因为那天太晚了。我们本可以爬上山顶的,但就在快到山顶的时候我觉得那会很危险,所以大家就下来了。
Todd: Because it would have been dark?
因为当时很黑?
Steven: Yeah, yeah.
对对。
Todd: OK. Wow, well, really impressive.
好的。但,那的确让人印象深刻。
Steven: Yeah, I really loved it.
对呀,我非常喜欢那份经历。
英语口语对话:生活在爱达荷
Todd:OK, so we're here. Do you want to go ahead and introduce yourself to the listener?
好,我们就在这儿。你想走到台前向听众介绍一下你自己吗?
Roe:OK, my name is Hiroe Hashi. I've lived in America for about seven and a half years. I lived in Italy for two years.
好的,我叫Hiroe Hashi.我在美国住了七年半,在意大利住了两年。
Todd:Wow! You lived in Italy too.
哇!你还在意大利住过啊!
Roe:Right, right. So all together I've lived in a foreign country for nine and a half years.
是的,是的。所以总共算下来我在国外住了九年半。
Todd:Wow! That's amazing. So did you live in America before you lived in Italy?
哇!太惊人了!那你在意大利住之前就在美国住过吗?
Roe:I was in Italy when I was 9 years old, no actually 7 years old to 9 years old.
9岁就在意大利了,实际上没到9岁,7岁到9岁之间。
Todd:Did you learn Italian?
你学过意大利语吗?
Roe:A little bit. Basicallyslangs.
一点点。基本的俚语。
Todd:Wow, so then how old were you when you moved to America?
哇,那你搬到美国的时候你多大?
Roe:Yeah, I was 17. I was on a exchange program for when I went to Idaho.
恩我17。在我去爱达荷州的时候我在参加一个交流项目。
Todd:Wow, what did you think when you first got to America?
哇,你第一次到美国的时候感觉怎么样?
Roe:OK. I bought new clothing cause my image was like L.A., New York, but it was Idaho, but I didn't know what toexpect, and I got off from the airplane and I said to myself, "Oh, my god!". There was nothing there.
恩。因为我的着装风格比较像洛杉矶和纽约的,所以我买了新衣服。但我现在要去爱达荷州,我不知道会发生什么,但在我下飞机的那一刻我对自己说了句:“哦,我的天呐”。这儿什么都没有。
Todd:Yeah, so was it flat. Was it flat.
是的,的确很空很平。
Roe:It was flat. I saw, There was...I remember the sun going down cause it was nothing, really nothing: a flat space, 360 degrees, an airport, cowboys.
它是平的。我看见那有……我记得太阳下山就因为那儿什么都没有,真的是什么都没有。平面空间,360度,一个机场还有牛仔。
Todd:Cowboys!
牛仔!
Roe:Potatoes. Real Cowboys. Spuds.
土豆。真正的牛仔。土豆。
Todd:So Idaho is cowboys and potatoes.
所以爱达荷州就有牛仔和土豆。
Roe:Exactly. That's all. About.
确实是。就是这样。
Todd:Do you still like potatoes?
你还喜欢土豆吗?
Roe:I stopped eating spuds since I came back cause I ate it everyday. You go to 31 Ice-cream shop and there they have spuds ice-cream.
自打我回来就没再吃过土豆,因为那个时候天天吃。你去冰激凌商店的时候,那儿会有土豆冰激凌。
Todd:Wow. So spud means potato.
哇。所以说spud就是土豆。
Roe:Yeah, spud, it's like Idaho English.
是的,土豆,它是爱达荷英语。
Todd:Wow. And how about cowboys. Did you become a real cowboy?
哇,那牛仔呢?你变成一个真正的牛仔了吗?
Roe:I started to grow my hair, cause if you had short hair, people used to call you like a new-waver, like faggots. It was kind of a little disaster for somebody different to live.
我开始留头发了,因为如果你是短头发,人们习惯叫你新的动摇者,比如同性恋。收到他人的区别对待对我是一种灾难。
Todd:Yeah, for sure, that would be reallyharsh. So tell me about your family.
是的,确实,那太残酷了。那给我讲讲你的家庭吧。
Roe:My family! I have two brothers and a sister, and my fatherpassed awaythree years ago and my mom is working.
我的家庭!我有两个哥哥和一个姐姐,父亲三年前就去世了,母亲还在工作。
Todd:OK, Do youmissidaho?
好的,你会想念爱达荷州吗?
Roe:Friends. I've made some best friends in Idaho actually.
会想念朋友。事实上,我在那儿交了好多朋友。
Todd:Really.
真的啊。
Roe:Yeah, actually, I've lived in L.A., Washington State, but Idaho.
是的,确实是,除了爱达荷我还在洛杉矶和华盛顿州住过。
Todd:When is the last time you were in Idaho?
你最后在爱达荷州是什么时候?
Roe:When I, that's when I finished my program, so a long time ago. 10, wow, 12, 13 years ago.
当我,就是在我完成我项目的时候,所以应该是很久以前,10年,哇,12,13年前吧。
Todd:Wow, that is a long time. OK, and where do you live now?
哇,那是很长一段时间了。好,那你现在住在哪了呢?
Roe:I live in Yokohama.
我住在横滨。
Todd:Yokohama
横滨。
英语口语对话:马来西亚
Todd: So, you were saying you went to Laos, you went to Thailand, by any chance did you go to Malaysia?
说你去过老挝,去过泰国,那你去过马来西亚吗?
Phil: Yeah, I spent, I spent some time in Malaysia. The first stop, we went there from Singapore, just taking a bus and we ended up in Malacca. Stayed about five days in Malacca. Malacca's nice. There's a lot of history there. We learned a lot about the colinization of Malacca, the Portuguese and then the Dutch, and then the English and then the Japanese, and, yeah, it was a really interesting place. There was old St. Peter's Church. There's several Mosques. It's a good place to spend for a few days. From there we went to Kuala Lumpur. We didn't really spend much time in Kuala Lumpur. We had spent a week in Singapore and were pretty tired of cities. so we only spent I believe two or three days in Kuala Lumpur, just visits from shopping malls, the KLCC, the Petronas Towers, and yeah, that's basically what we did in KL, and then we went to the Cameron Highlands, and if you like hiking, the Cameron Highlands is a great place for you. I don't know, they might have 16, 17 different marked trails. There's a whole lot of unmarked trails. We spent a month there. I think I only went on only six hikes maybe during that month but once again we were being lazy, and yeah, if you're an avid hiker then you're certainly going to enjoy the Cameron Highlands.
去过,我在马来西亚呆过一段时间。第一站,我们是从新加坡去的那儿,只坐了公交,最后停在了马六甲。在那儿呆了五天,那是个很不错的地方,很有历史底蕴。我们学到了很多殖民史,有马六甲,葡萄牙,荷兰,还有英国和日本。那的确是个很不错的地方。那儿还有圣彼得大教堂,还有几座清真寺。那是个值得呆上几天的好地方。从那儿我们又去了吉隆坡,在那儿我们倒是没呆上几天。我们在新加坡呆了一个礼拜,已经非常厌倦城市了。所以我想我们就在那儿呆了两到三天,只是逛了逛购物中心,KLCC,双星子塔,基本上我们在那儿就干了这些事,之后我们去了卡梅伦高地,如果你喜欢远足,那卡梅伦高地会很适合你。我说不好,他们可能会有16,,17条不同的标记小径。还有很多无名小路。我们在那儿呆了一个月。我觉得我已经爬过六次山了,如果再爬一次真的是懒得动弹了。不过如果你是一个远足的狂热爱好者,你一定要去卡梅伦高地。
Todd: Yeah, actually, I did the hike in the Cameron Highland once, and foolishly I started my hike at about 4 o'clock and I thought I could make the loop of the trail at the time, and the sun started to go down, and I was in the jungle, and I was worried about getting back, and I just made it back, but I was pretty scared for awhile.
对的,事实上,我之前曾去过卡梅伦高地,我傻傻地四点钟就开始远足,那时候我想我可以一直往复循环下去,但太阳下山的时候我还在丛林中,我开始担心我该怎么回去,然后我是回去了,那有那么一段时间是很恐惧的。
Phil: You were lucky. Some people don't make it back.
你很幸运啊,有些人都回不来。
Todd: Really?
真的吗?
Phil: Well, Jim Thompson. Maybe you've heard of him.
对啊,Jim Thompson 想必你听说过他吧.
Todd: Yeah, actually, why don't you tell the people about Jim Thompson?
是的,那你给我们讲讲Jim Thompson的事儿吧。
Phil: Jim Thompson was a trader. I think he was maybe based in Hong Kong, but I'm not sure. Maybe it was based in Malaysia. He went hiking. I believe it was 1967, in the Cameron Highlands, and no one has seen him since. He's just vanished from the face of the earth. So, be careful if you go hiking there. Watch your step.
他是个商人,我想它主要是和香港做交易,但我不确定。也许还和马来西亚。他远足的时候应该是1967年,在卡梅伦高地,但之后就没人再见过他。他就这样从地球上消失了。所以说在你远足的时候要加小心,注意点。
英语口语对话:耍酷男孩
Todd: OK, so now we are going to talk about other people, so you can talk about somebody else, a friend, a family, a celebrity. Who would you like to talk about?
好,我们来谈谈其他人吧,朋友,家人,名人你想谈论哪个?
Roe: Anybody?
什么人都行?
Todd: Anybody.
什么人都行。
Roe: Who rips.
很好。
Todd: Who rips? What does "rips" mean?
Who rips? "rips"是什么意思啊?
Roe: Ripping means if you are like a surfer, if you say he rips, he is really good.
Ripping的意思是比如说你是一个冲浪运动员,如果你说rips,就说明他很棒。
Todd: Oh, OK. He rips! Wow, so just for surfing?
哦,好的,他很棒!哇,只适用于冲浪吗?
Roe: And windsurfing, too.
还有风帆冲浪。
Todd: He rips. Skateboarding?
还有滑板运动?
Roe: Yeah. Skateboarding too.
对的,还有滑板运动。
Todd: Skateboarding, he rips
他还擅长滑板运动。
Roe: Yeah, it means he can make some great moves.
对,也就意味着他能做很多运动。
Todd: Great turns, great flips. OK, who rips?
好吧,大翻转。谁还擅长呢?
Roe: Just go to the beach, and you see it. Like, you don't even have to talk, you just have to see it, and if you rip then you get respect, and if you talk, if you have a chance to talk to the guy, it's almost always that he is a nice guy.
你去海滩看看就知道了。你都不用说话,你就看。如果你擅长,你就会得到尊重,但如果你说话,如果你有机会和那些人搭讪,那就说明他是个很不错的家伙。
Todd: Really.
是嘛!
Roe: Well, 99 percent.
恩,百分之九十九。
Todd: So guys who rip are nice guys.
所以说那些同你搭讪的都是好人。
Roe: Nice guys. Like nice, meaning, it's nothing like talking to a salary man.
好人。就像nice,它一点儿都不像是在和一个俗气的人聊天。
Todd: Wow, so very easy-going, very friendly, not serious.
哇,那就是非常的随和,非常友善,一点儿都不严肃了。
Roe: Yes. Like open, no attitude, no attitude,it's like a way to elaborate.
是的。很开放,没脾气,就像是精心设计的。
Todd: OK, so do you rip?
好的,那你擅长吗?
Roe: No. I'm in progress. I'm trying. It's hard. It's hard to rip though.
不,我还在进步中。我在努力尝试着,变得足够好是很难的。
Todd: But you said earlier that you are very good windsurfing so you are closest to ripping at windsurfing.
但你说这话还为时过早,你现在是一个很不错的冲浪运动员,所以你跟离擅长只剩一步之遥了。
Roe: Man, In my dreams, but in reality, I'm, no, I'm trying.
唉,那只是在梦里,但在现实中,我不是,我还在尝试。
Todd: Maybe you're being modest. So a modest person doesn't say he rips or he is good
大概你现在是在谦虚。自然一个谦虚的人是不会说他很擅长或优秀的。
Roe: You got the point, no I was just kidding, I can't rip.
你说点到上了,不过不是在开玩笑,我真的还不行。
Todd: OK, who is the best surfer in the world?
好吧,那谁是世界上最棒的冲浪者呢?
Roe: Robbie Naish.
Robbie Naish.
Todd: Robbie Naish. What country does he come from?
Robbie Naish.他来自哪国呢?
Roe: Hawaii.
夏威夷。
Todd: Oh, so he's hawaiian. He's American.
哦,所以说他是夏威夷人。他是美国人。
Roe: Yeah, from Ohahu!
对,来自欧胡岛。
Todd: From Ohahu, so he surfs on waves. -- How big are the waves that Robbie Naish surfs on?
来自欧胡岛,所以总是在冲浪。他冲的那些浪都有多大啊?
Roe: OK like Jaws, there is a specific point in Maui, Hawaii Maui, and it's called Jaws, cause people say that there are a lot of sharks at the point, but anyway, at Jaws 25 meters or 30 meters in winter.
恩,就好像大白鲨,有一个特定的归属地在毛伊岛,夏威夷毛伊岛,它叫大白鲨,因为人们都说在那个地方有很多鲨鱼,但不管怎么说,冬天的时候在大白鲨岛浪能达到25米或30米。
Todd: Man, that's high. 25 to 30 meters. That's what? Three stories? Maybe!
那很高啊,25或30米。有多高?三层楼那么高?大概是!
Roe: That's like from here to the basement.
就像是从这儿到地下室。
Todd: Wow! And were on the second floor so that's three stories.
哇!你在二楼,所以说那就是三层楼那么高!
Roe: Oh, right, right, right, right.
哦,对对对对。
Todd: Man, that's high. That's really high. What's the highest wave you've ever surfed on? So you're standing up here. The ceiling!
那么高!那真的很高!你冲过那么高的浪么?你可以站在那儿。天花板!
Roe: Yeah! Probably the ceiling.
对,大概是天花板。
Todd: So that's what, maybe 10 feet.
但那是什么,大概是10尺。
Roe: I don't know the feet stuff.
我不知道尺这个东西。
Todd: So that would be, 3, 4 meters.
大概是3,4米。
Roe: Yeah, 3, 4 meters probably.
对可能有3,4米。
Todd: Wow, that's still pretty high.
哇,那真的是相当高。
Roe: Yeah, if you are in the ocean you are like lying down right, so it's quite high actually, yeah, if you're standing up it doesn't seem that high but.
对的。如果你在海洋里,你喜欢躺着吧,那么看起来就有那么高。但如果你要是站起来,看起来就没那么高了。但……
Todd: But, when you're on the ground, you're right, when you're lying flat on your stomach, you're right it would seem very high. So Robbie Naish, does he make a lot of money surfing?
但当你在地面上的时候,你是对的,当你平躺的时候,你还是对的,它似乎看起来就是很高,所以说,Robbie Naish,他冲浪就能挣很多钱?
Roe: Yep.
对的。
Todd: He's a rich man.
他是个有钱人。
Roe: He's a billionaire.
他是亿万富翁。
Todd: Wow, has he ever come to Japan?
哇,那他来过日本吗?
Roe: Many times.
来过很多次了。
Todd: Really!
是嘛!
Roe: Yep.
是呀。
Todd: Wow.
哇。
Roe: For promotion.
为了得到提升。
Todd: For promotion.
为了得到提升。
Roe: He owns a boarding, sailing, and what have you. He owns a lot of companies. Yeah, he's smart too. Nice guy.
他拥有一个短板,帆船,你有什么他就有什么。他拥有很多公司。确实,他非常聪明是个不错的小伙子。
Todd: Nice guy and he's a nice guy because he rips.
不错,他确实不错因为他擅长滑板运动。
英语口语对话:巴厘岛
Todd: OK, Phil, you've been talking about your trip to Asia. I have a couple weeks,so I can go anywhere in Asia, what do you recommend that I do if i only have two weeks?
好,Phil, 跟我们说说你去亚洲旅行的经历吧。我有几周的假,所以我可以去亚洲的任何地方,比方说我有两个礼拜的假你建议我去哪呢?
Phil: How much money do you have?
你有多少钱?
Todd: Maybe $2,000, $3,000.
两三千吧。
Phil: If I were you I'd probably go to Indonesia. -- Do you like surfing?
如果我是你,我可能会去印度尼西亚。你喜欢冲浪吗?
Todd: You know, I've never surfed.
你知道的,我从来不玩那个。
Phil: OK, well, Indonesia is not a bad place to learn either. I'd recommend going, flying in to Denpassar, and getting down towards Dreamland beach. That's at the southern most tip of Bali. The waves there, I'm a beginning surfer too, the waves there aren't very big, 5, 5, 4 - 5 feet, and just really nice people there. The locals are willing to help you. You meet a lot of Balinese young kids, 12, 13 years old. They're singing in the water as they surf. They're giving each wave names, so It's a lot of fun and there's no attitude, and people are there just to have fun. It's a good time.
好吧。或者说印尼还是个学习的好地方。我建议你去。飞到Denpassar,然后再梦境海滩着陆。那是最南端的巴厘岛。那儿有海浪。我也是一个冲浪初学者,那儿的海浪倒不是很大,5尺,呃4-5尺吧,而且那儿确实是有些很不错的人。当地人都很愿意帮助你。你会碰到很多十二三岁的巴厘岛下孩儿,边冲浪还边唱歌。他们还给每个海浪起了名,所以说那有很多有趣的地方,而且一视同仁,人们都喜欢去那儿尽享快乐时光。
Todd: Wow, that sounds nice.
哇,听起来不错啊。
Phil: That area of Indonesia is really nice. Lombok is nice too. If you are more wanting to relax, I would go to Lombok, and then go up to Gili Trawangan, which is a small island off the east coast of Lombok. There's no cars on the island. The electricity is a little dodgy. It might flicker on and off. Food is great. You get fresh fish all the time. Snorkeling's nice if you like scuba diving. You can arrange tours through several companies there. But, yeah, I really like Gili Trawangan and I would recommend that to anyone who wants to relax for a couple of weeks.
印尼那个地儿确实不错。龙目岛也不错。如果你想多休息的话,我建议你去龙目岛,之后去吉利特拉王岸,那是龙目岛东海岸的一个小岛。在那儿还没有车,而且电有一点儿不稳。时而有时而没有。你总可以钓到新鲜的鱼。如果你喜欢潜水,那浮潜不错。你可以跟那儿的几家公司商量如何安排行程。但,我是真的很喜欢吉利特拉王岸,我把他推荐给任何一个想休假几个星期的人。
以上是小编整理所得,欢迎大家阅读和收藏。